Chapter Twenty Nine

Season Four Episode One: Code of Honor

Everyone was helping a bunch of rebel ship fly to safety, digging their claws into the ships and using their thrusters to move them. After a bit Keith showed up in the Black Lion, everyone seeming sort of passive aggressive to him while Millie didn't say anything but a greeting.

They got the ship's to Olkarion, where they returned to the castle and were told they would be participating in what was basically just a performance that Coran was using the term 'show of arms' for.

Kolivan popped up on the screen. "Shiro, my apologies for interrupting, but this is an urgent matter," he said. "A Galra supply ship has been spotted passing through quadrant Omega-Raylar-Six."

"What's it doing so far from the normal supply routes?" Shiro asked.

"We can't be certain, but taken together with the fact that Lotor hasn't been seen in quite some time, and the emergence of this new form of quintessence, we feel compelled to investigate. Normally we would wait for better Intel, but I believe we should act on this now."

"I'll send Voltron to intercept."

"An infiltration mission makes more sense. We can plant a tracker and see just how far the supply route extends. With a the Galra activity as of late, my agents are spread thin."

"Not anymore. Count me in," Keith offered.

"Hey, what about our performance?" Lance asked. "We can't razzle-dazzle the crowd with just five lions."

"This mission is more important than a show of arms," Keith insisted. "Shiro?"

"How long will it take?" Shiro asked.

"Not long, but we must act fast or we risk the shop jumping into hyperspace."

"Go," Shiro said. "But when you're done meet us on Reiphod."

-☆-☆-☆-

The show was... uneventful, to say the least. Keith hadn't ended up showing, and the crowd was entertained up until Voltron was supposed to form.

Millie was on her bed, petting Scout as she read a book while Dallas laid next to her.

"Hey," she said when Keith entered the room.

"I don't feel like a lecture," he said as he crawled into the bed.

"I know," she said. "Trust me, I know Allura chewed you out good. She gave me the test run, and I don't doubt that Shiro also gave you a stern talking to."

Keith scoffed. "Yeah, they did."

He released his Pokémon, both of them automatically jumping up to curl up on the bed and fall asleep.

"At least someone understands."

Millie put away her book and laid her head on Keith's chest.

"I can't say I do understand, Keith, but I do support you, even if what you want takes you away from us. From me," she said. "But I don't know if we'll be able to make us work  much longer if you're not able to contact us regularly and help me make us work."

Keith tensed. "I'm sure we can," he said. "It'll just... be like taking a break, I guess. We'll figure it out."

-☆-☆-☆-