Chapter Fourty Five

Season Seven Episode Three: The Way Forwards

They were boarded, taken onto the cruiser which had pinned them, and thrown into a prison cell after their bayards and Pokémon had been confiscated. Lance was moving around, feeling for a secret passage.

"You've watched too many movies, Lance," Keith said. "There's no secret passage."

"Oh really? Then how do you explain this!" He kicked a wall, immediately whimpering at the pain. "I meant this!" He hadn't learned his lesson.

"Will someone shut him up?" Krolia asked. She was looking out the window. "There's only one guard patrolling out there. If we can get this door open we can overwhelm him."

"I would transform and bust the door open, but these cuffs are restricting my power," Millie said, trying to break the cuffs.

"It's too dangerous for you right now anyways," Krolia said. Millie gave her a questioning look, to which Krolia raised her eyebrows. Millie gave a soft sigh before backing up against a wall and sliding down it. "You shouldn't be shifting right now."

"Is there something you're not telling us?" Keith asked.

"I'll tell you later," Millie promised him. "I guess I'm just still recovering from being sick."

"What happened to Coran?" Hunk asked.

"He must have managed to hide while we were all being captured," Krolia said.

"At least we still have one ally out there to fight for us," Allura said.

"Are you saying our fate is in Coran's hands?" Pidge asked. There was a silence.

"We're screwed," Millie said.

"I will help you look for that passage," Pidge muttered.

-☆-☆-☆-

The door finally unlocked, two guards entering as well as two of Lotor's generals.

"Look who's here," Ezor said. "It's Voltron."

"We're going to have a little talk," Zethrid said, pounding her fist into her palm.

"Hey, you're the guys Lotor shot into space," Lance said.

"And the ones that were trying to kill us?" Pidge reminded him.

"Yeah, sure, but we're all friends now, right?" Hunk said. "I, for one, am glad you survived."

"Awe, I'm glad you survived too," Ezor said. "It's no fun torturing a dead prisoner."

"Oh," Hunk said. "So maybe not?"

"Where have you been all this time? And what happened to Lotor?" Zethrid asked.

"What are you talking about?" Shiro asked.

"We're talking about your little disappearing act," Ezor said.

"Answer the question!" Zethrid demanded. "How did you survive that explosion?"

"Don't you know?" Hunk asked, shrugging. "You were there."

"I think there's a little confusion about how the 'we ask questions, you give us answers' scenario works," Ezor sighed.

"Enough of your games," Zethrid said. "Where is Lotor?"

"Lotor is dead," Keith said. "We left him in the quintessence field."