Chapter Thirty Five

Season Five Episode Four: Kral Zera

"I'm telling you, Branko's wanton attack was only the beginning," Lotor warned. "Without an Emperor, more and more high ranking officials will start lashing out and consolidating their power at the Kral Zera."

"What exactly is the Kral Zera?" Hunk asked. "Is there food there? It sounds awful fancy."

"It's the coronation ceremony for a new Emperor or Empress," Lotor explained. "It's held on one of the first planets we, the Galra, have conquered. Planet Feyiv, a sacred land.

"Who all with be at this Kral Zera?" Shiro asked.

"Allow me to show you."

Lotor went over a bunch of tough-looking Galra commanders, explaining their advantages and how they are as leaders of their own groups, but also explaining their downfalls. Finally, he brought of Haggar, previously Zarkon's witch and right hand. He explained how she probably has a puppet, and that if said puppet were to take command then stopping Zarkon would have been useless.

"Then we can't let any one of them assume control," Shiro said. "We should help Lotor take command of the Galra empire."

"I agree," Millie said, stepping forwards. "It's risky stepping into the middle of a gathering filled with the most powerful Galra, but it's more risky if one else take control of the empire."

"Why don't we let them fight amongst themselves before we do anything?" Lance suggested.

"That's... actually a good idea. Let them weaken each other and then let Lotor finish them off and take control."

"You all know what we just went through on Olkarion, and that was just one rogue commanded vying for the throne," Shiro said. "When the Galra lash out everyone in the universe suffers."

"How would we even get Lotor there without stirring up a huge fight?" Pidge asked.

"I'll be bringing Voltron," Lotor said, with no extra explanation.

"Yeah, because Voltron never gets in fights," Hunk said sarcastically.

"Shiro, we can't allow that to happen," Allura said.

Shiro paused for a moment, thinking."I'm sorry to hear that," he said. He walked off.

"What's up with Shiro?" Hunk asked.

-☆-☆-☆-

Millie was in her room, grooming Chimera carefully as it was its first time being groomed. She had Keith on the phone, talking to him as she worked, hanging up with an apology when Shiro came in the room.

"We're going to the Kral Zera," he said.

"What about the others? Did they finally agree?"

"They said they'd catch up later. Now come on."

-☆-☆-☆-

They got to the Kral Zera, Shiro letting Lotor out of his Lion.

"Your true Emperor has arrived," Lotor said.

"You?" a Galra who looked suspiciously like Sendak asked. "Lead the empire? What could possibly make you think that you could be our Emperor?"

"Is that Sendak?" Millie asked.

"I think it is," Shiro said as Lotor replied to Sendak. The two kept arguing before beginning to fight. "How did they find him? How is he still alive?"

Lotor and Sendak kept fighting, antagonizing each other as they did so. Suddenly Lotor was tackled out of the way and an explosion went off, harming Sendak and the other Galra, Lotor somehow okay.

Sendak emerged from a pile of rubble. "Lotor has betrayed us to Voltron!" he yelled. "Fire on the lions!"

Shiro and Millie both began dodging lasers, firing their own back and destroying cruisers and fighters both.

"Where are the others, Shiro?" Millie asked, dodging another laser and taking out a cruiser.

Cruisers began attacking cruisers, fighters attacking fighters. Millie and Shiro both lured the fire on them away from where Lotor was, Millie getting a horrible feeling in her stomach telling her that Shiro lied to her about everyone else coming.

"There's too many," Shiro said. "We can't handle them ourselves."

A wormhole opened up, the Lions suddenly coming through it. "Looks like you could use some help!" Lance said.

Everyone began taking out fighters, Hunk yelling that they had Shiro's back. The group formed Voltron, Millie staying as a lion so they would be able to take out more opponents at once.

"I'm going down to help Lotor," Millie said. She flew down, her lion's paw almost crushing Sendak as she landed. She looked around, holding off Sendak and distracting him as Lotor ran behind him, sneaking of from behind.

Sendak finally realized he couldn't win and left, going who knows where, and leaving Lotor to climb the steps and light the flame, know being Emperor of the Galra Empire.

-☆-☆-☆-

"You lied to me!"

"It was for the good of the universe, Millie. I couldn't have gone alone but I knew you wouldn't come if the others didn't." Millie and Shiro were at the bridge, the other Paladins and Lotor watching their fight.

"So you lied to me? I wouldn't have said yes even if you didn't! I knew that putting Lotor on the throne would be the best possible action we can take. First you yell at Lamcs then you lie to your teammate? I feel like I I even know you!"

Millie-" Shiro reached out for the girl, but she had already stormed off.