Chapter Thirty Three

Season Five Episode Two: Blood Duel

Matt, Shiro, Pidge, Millie, and Lotor were all in a pod, flying down to meet Zarkon and switch prisoners. Zarkon's ship flew overhead of them, landing and revealing the Galra himself. Millie made sure to bring out all her Pokémon.

"Show me Lotor!" Zarkon demanded. Chimera began to cower away but caught itself and stood back up straight, Dallas putting himself by its side as support.

"Show us Commander Holt first," Shiro said.

Zarkon moved out of the way, revealing Sam Holt.

"Dad!" Pidge shouted, beginning to run towards him only to get caught by Shiro.

"Now, where is Lotor?" Zarkon asked.

They brought out Lotor, demanding that Sam be released. Zarkon allowed him to start moving, so they began sending Lotor over, too.

"Stay alert," Shiro warned. "If Zarkon's going to try something, now would be the time."

The prisoners both passed each other, Pidge running at her dad when he got close enough, hee arms outstretched.

And she passed right through him.

"Dallas, Spark!" Millie yelled. The Luxray shot a ball of electricity at Zarkon, making him move and reveal the real Commander Holt. 

"We had a deal!" Pidge yelled. "Give me my father!"

"If you want this earthling returned alive, you will forfeit Voltron immediately!" Zarkon said.

"We have to get dad!" Pidge yelled.

"Shiro?" Matt asked, holding Pidge.

"Hold your positions until the time is right."

"Bring the lions, now!"

Suddenly one of the generals yelled, Lotor having escaped the flimsy cuff they had put him in and used the black bayard to push her away and attack Zarkon.

Shiro's Lucario appeared behind the other two generals, using Aura Sphere to knock them away from Sam.

"So the time has come," Zarkon said. "This ends today!"

Suddenly, a ball of electricity from Dallas hit him from behind, sending him flying towards Lotor who used the bayard to hit him away again.

"We need to get Sam," Shiro said. Millie nodded, not paying attention to the fight. She ran for the ship, her Pokémon all running with her. She managed to get onto the ship, the others falling behind and having to find a different way on.

"Let my dad go!" Pidge yelled, breaking through the roof.

A fight broke out, with Shiro and Millie fighting Ezor, the girl with the ponytail. Dallas and Chimera had run to the front, dealing with Acxa and trying to get Sam out of his restraints.

Suddenly the ship sharply tilted upwards, everything starring to slide back. Scout cried out as a crate headed directly for her, starting to crush her between the crate and the wall.

"Scout!" Millie cried.

"Awe, that's too bad," Ezor said, in a standstill with Shiro. "She was really cute."

Millie let herself slide to the back of the ship, pushing the crate away and cradling Scout in her arms. Scout was thankfully only a bit banged up.

"You're alright, thank god."

Another crate was sliding right at them, and before Millie had the time to react Scout began glowing, and time seemed to slow down. Scout was completely covered by the glowing light when the box gained a glowing outline and stopped.

The light died down to reveal an Espeon, newly evolved.

The ship changed direction before Millie could celebrate, headed straight for the ground. Everyone began panicking, trying to fix it and get everything back on course.

"Little help, guys," Sam said.

"Just a sec," Shiro said, still fighting Ezor.

"Kinda bust here, dad," Matt said, crashing through crates.

"Shiro, Pidge, the sky had been cleared of all Galra," Lance said, his voice coming through the comms. "What's your status?"

"Shuttle is not clear yet!" Pidge reported.

Sam managed to get to the controls just as Millie managed to throw Ezor to the back to the ship, tilting it upwards again. Pidge pressed the button to open the door, effectively ejecting the group of generals.

Sam straightened out the ship.

"Shuttle is clear," Shiro said.

"Nice job team," Lance congratulated.

"Where are Lotor and Zarkon?" Shiro asked.

The lion's began providing backup for Lotor, shooting at Zarkon to keep him busy.

There was a scream, and then Zarkon was dead.