Chapter Fourty

Season Six Episode Five: The Black Paladins

They were fighting the comet ships, easily dodging now that they were combined into Voltron. The three ships combined their lasers, Voltron just barely managing to get the shield up in time to protect themselves from it. The laser hit them, pushing them back into a piece of floating rock.

"I'm headed your way," Coran warned.

"Coran, no," Keith said. "The castle barely survived the first time we found one of those ships. You'll only--" He was cut off by a grunt of pain.

"Keith is right, Coran," Allura said, panting. "The ship's defenses will never hold!"

"We can't take this much longer!" Pidge yelled, the group being pushed further into the space rock.

"Do you guys have any ideas?" Lance asked.

"Coran, fire just below our position," Keith commanded. Coran did as told, causing the rock underneath them to blow up and allowing them to fly to the side and escape the laser. The shaking from the rock breaking and sudden movements made Millie nauseous, having to cover her mouth.

That's never happened before, she thought to herself.

"Lance, Pidge. I need you to get us some cover," Keith said.

"On it!" Both of them yelled.

Both began to shoot at random, destroying small rocks and causing them to blow up.

"Who's got eyed on Shiro?" Keith asked.

"I do," Millie said, her nausea receding for a bit. Voltron was caught be three rope-looking things attached to the back of the comet ships. The group got pulled and thrown into a rock, making Millie feel nauseous again.

"What just happened?" Pidge asked as the dust cleared.

"I no longer have eyes on Shiro," Millie muttered.

"Are you alright?" Keith asked. "You don't sound very good. At all."

"I'll be fine," Millie said. "It's just a bit of nausea. I can deal with it."

"If you say so..."

A giant purple wormhole opened up, Shiro and the comet ships flying through it.

"They're trying to escape," Keith said.

"It has to be Haggar," Allura said. "She must have gained the ability to open wormholes. But how?"

"We can't worry about that now," Keith said. "We have to make sure we get Shiro back."

"But Shiro's not Shiro anymore," Hunk said.

"I know," Keith sighed. "Something is wrong with him. The Galra or Lotor have to be behind it. You all know he would never give up on us. We can't give up on him."

They began flying to the wormhole as fast as they could, one of the thrusters in the wings being down slowing them immensely. It began to look like they wouldn't get in, but Millie had a plan.

"Disband!" Millie called out, everyone yelling their complaints. "The propulsion from us disbanding should be enough to get Keith through."

"He'd be the only one on the other side," Allura said.

Millie was quiet for a moment. "I trust him," she said. "I know he'll be able to fight whoever is on the other side on his own."

Everyone grumbled about it, but they eventually disconnected, shooting Keith through the portal and leaving everyone else to float around before heading back to the castle.

-☆-☆-☆-

Millie was sitting at her station, panting as she cooled down from yet another wave of random nausea. Dallas was by her side, giving her comfort as she calmed down.

Everyone else was talking as Allura searched for where the wormhole dropped Keith and Shiro off at, Allura unfortunately unable to find them.

Krolia walked over to Millie, asking if she was okay.

"I'll be fine," Millie said. "This has been happening more and more lately. It's probably just some sort of bug or something."

Krolia hummed. "I would like to see something, if you would come with me to the med bay," she said. Millie nodded, getting up and breathing deeply before following Krolia, who put a hand on her shoulder and began to lead the way.

The power went off before they could reach the med bay, but it was quick to turn on again.

And then quicker to turn back off.

"Looks like we're doing this the earthling way," Krolia sighed.