Chapter Seventeen

Season Two Episode Six: The Ark of Taujeer

"There's no point in debating this further," Allura insisted. "Zarkon is clearly tracking us through me."

"Space baloney," Hunk huffed.

"That's not possible," Pidge said.

"Why is it so hard to believe?" Allura asked. "Zarkon's forced showed up on Arus only after I awoke."

"She's got a point," Lance said. He put on a stupid smirk. "I would absolutely travel across the universe to find you." Allura rolled her eyes.

"It's not you, Princess," Keith said. "It's me." Everyone stared at him. "Zarkon must have imprinted on me or something during our fight."

"Like in that creepy scene in that one Twilight movie?" Millie asked. Everyone stared and her now and she shuffled around. "I watched it when I was like twelve because it was what all the popular girls in school were doing."

"Does that mean you and Zarkon are destined for each other?" Lance asked after a moment of silence. Millie covered her mouth to avoid laughing.

"The fact is, we don't know how Zarkon is tracking us," Pidge said. "It could be through the black lion. Every time Zarkon gets close to it, Shiro has to fight him for control."

"That's only when Zarkon is nearby," Coran said. "No Paladin has ever been able to connect with their lion over a vast distance."

"So what are we gonna do?" Hunk asked.

"It doesn't matter how he's tracking us, because we're gonna take the fight to the Galra soon enough," Shiro said. "They've been chasing us from galaxy to galaxy. The last thing they expect is for us to come after them."

"The hunter becomes the hunted," Lance said. "Awesome! That the tag line from like six of my favorite movies."

Pidge went on a rant about the Galra attacks, and what commonalities and abnormalities each one had. A bunch of dots showed up around the room, each one showcasing a different planet and different colors meaning different things.

"You made a Galra finder?" Millie asked.

"Finder implies that it would locate the Galra. While this just calculate their most likely--" She saw she was getting nowhere. "It's a Galra finder," she sighed.

"So where are the Galra?" Lance asked.

"The nearest ones are here," Pidge said, highlighting one of the planets. "A planet called Taujeer."

"Then that's where we're headed," Shiro declared. "Everyone should get some sleep. Tomorrow we're finding that Galra fleet and taking it out."

-☆-☆-☆-

Millie woke up to Keith suddenly waking up during the middle of the night. He stared at his knife for a bit, breathing heavily.

"Everything alright?" she asked, feeling groggy as she had just woken up.

"Yeah, I'm just gonna go for a walk," he told her. "Watch Poochyena and Ninetales for me?"

"It's just a walk, but sure."

Keith grunted and left.

-☆-☆-☆-

Millie woke up to Keith not being there, and she assumed he had just woken up before her and left to go do something. Poochyena was sniffing around, and Ninetales looked worried, though, so she wasn't sure he had gotten back in bed at all last night.