Chapter Fourteen

Season Two Episode Three: Shiro's Escape

Everyone on the team had left Millie to get some rest before Shiro woke up again, which she was grateful for. Upon waking up, she had found that Dallas and Scout had both exited their Pokéballs and were sleeping with her.

When she moved her feet out from underneath Scout so that she could get to everyone else, Scout woke up and squealed with delight, which caused Dallas to wake up. Millie ran a hand through Dallas's thick black fur, smiling.

"C'mon guys, let's go join the others. Maybe Shiro still isn't awake," she told the two.

Scout bounded after Millie, while Dallas calmly followed behind her, and they made their way to the infirmary. Allura was outside in the hall to greet her.

"Millie, you're awake!" Allura exclaimed.

"Yeah, I am," Millie replied.

"Oh, I have Blake," Allura said. She reached for the Pokéball and released the Zorua, who was immediately in a defensive position in front of Allura. As soon as she saw her surroundings, she calmed down and looked up at Allura.

"Woah, she's actually not trying to escape. Like, at all," Millie said. She crouched down and held out her hand for Blake, but the Zorua growled and flattened her ears.

"She was a huge help the entire time we were in Zarkon's command ship." Allura bent down and scratched Blake's head, and Blake happily nuzzled her head into Allura's hand. "I don't even want to think of what could have happened if she wasn't there to help me."

"Y'know what, Allura?" Millie asked. She stood up and Allura stood up too, holding out Blake's Pokéball to Millie. Allura seemed surprised when Millie pushed her hand back. "I feel like she's happier with you. You should keep her."

"I couldn't just take her from you!" Allura said, looking at Millie with wide eyes.

"You're not 'taking' her from me, I'm giving her to you."

"Are you sure? I wouldn't want to-"

Millie laughed. "Allura, I mean it. She's a lot happier with you than she ever was with me. Keep her."

Allura looke st the capsule in her hand, and her hand closed around it again, squeezing it. She looked up to Millie with a silent thank you shining clearly in her eyes, and they both walked into the infirmary, where Shiro had his robotic arm hooked up to one of Pidge's computers.

"Wait a second," Pidge said. "I think I see it now. Repeating numbers in all this Galra code. Let me extract it."

A bunch of pictures appeared on a large screen. Coordinates, and the solar system the coordinates were in.

"They are coordinates! They lead here. The Thaldycon system," Pidge explained.

"Then that's where we're headed," Shiro told everyone.

"Shiro, are you sure you can trust this?" Keith asked. "After all the Galra did to you? They- They took your arm."

"It's worth the risk," said Shiro. "If we can locate some allies, especially ones from his own side, we may just find a way to take him down."

"We can check the location, but I do not like this," Allura said. "The Galra are not to be trusted."

---

"Well, this is it. No sign of activity at all. Living or otherwise," Coran said.

They had all wormholed to the coordinates given to them through Shiro's arm, and all that was found were some weird crystals.