Chapter Twelve

Season One Episode Eleven: The Black Paladin

Millie awoke to find herself in a dark cell. She couldn't see Allura, or anyone in her cell with her, so she assumed she was alone.

"I see you're awake," a guard said to her, her thick almost Scottish accent somehow breaking through the ringing sound in Millie's ears. "The Emperor wishes to speak with you."

Millie, being the wise person she was in her groggy state, whispered lightly to herself, "What the fuck, what the fuck, what the actual fuck."

The Galra commander opened my cell and beckoned for me to follow her. She debated running, as it seemed so easy, but as soon as she stepped outside of the cell she realised how fast she would be caught again. Several pairs of eyes were staring at her, making her uncomfortable.

After a bit, someone went up to her and sniffed her. She was weirded out by it, but thought nothing of it until multiple people started doing it. She felt a pair of claws dig into her hip but it was quickly released as soon as the Galra commander stepped in front of her. She hissed and everyone backed off.

"Thank you, but why would you bother protecting me?" Millie asked, genuinely curious.

The Galra grunted. "We may be on different sides of the same war, but I'm not a out to let any of this lot take advantage of you. You're scared, in a strange environment, and vulnerable. There are a lot of lengths I'm willing to go to for this empire, but that's where I draw the line, consequences be damned."

Millie relaxed a little bit. There were still Tom's of pairs of eyes on her, but she at least felt a little bit safer knowing that the commander wouldn't let anyone touch her.

---

Finally, they had arrived at the throne room. The Galra commander excused herself, giving Millie one last glance as if to tell her she was on her own now, before she headed back to her sector of the command ship.

"Camilla Reid," Zarkon sneered. "The new White Paladin. I've heard plenty about you," he said. Other than that, he said nothing about what he thought of her being the White Lion's pilot.

Zarkon stood up, and Millie felt the atmosphere of the room change. The guards seemed calm, but she could tell they were trying not to show the nervousness they truly felt. After a but of the two staring each other down, neither one breaking eye contact, a guard shoved Millie forwards.

Millie snarled at the guard like an aggressive dog, and the guard backed down a bit. Millie looked back to Zarkon, her glare returning.

"You have quite a bit of potential," Zarkon stated. "And yet, you have no idea of your true power."

"And how's that?" Millie asked, her tone challenging.

"You could be powerful beyond all compare," Zarkon said. "One of the most powerful beings in the universe. But you're not going to get anywhere by sticking around Voltron. They have no knowledge of your lineage. Your family's past."

Millie was taken aback by that. Her parents had never even told her anything of her family's history. She assumed that she just never really had an important one, so hearing her family being implied to be increbily powerful? The thought baffled her.

"Your family has always been incredible," Zarkon said. "Legends had been told that everyone with your blood was directly descended from the beings that created reality itself. All realities."

Millie rolled her eyes. She figured it was just a ploy to make her switch sides, but a feeling deep in her gut made two sides of herself fight. The terrible feeling of her not even knowing who she was. What she was.