Chapter Twenty Seven

Season Three Episode Four: Hole in the Sky

"What's going on?" Keith asked, an alarm blaring.

"Yeah, these have never gone off before," Pidge said.

"Allura?" Lance asked. "What is it?"

"Looks like you guys just saw a ghost," Hunk said.

"That's just the thing," Coran said. "It an old altean distress code. One used by King Alfor's ships."

"Could it be? Are we not the last alteans alive?" Allura asked.

"What if someone's cloning the signal to try and lure us in," Millie asked, petting Dallas and watching as Scout and Blake wrestled.

"The signal is from an Altean ship, and we're going to find it," Allura insisted.

She opened a wormhole which lead them to where the distress signal was coming from, leading them to a big yellow wormhole with half a ship sticking out of it.

"That looks like a Tel-Galax exploration shuttle," Allura said. "One of my father's deep scape vessels."

"According to the ship's identification code, it's Commodore Trayling's ship," Coran said. "But I don't see any records of its destination or mission."

"What happened to it?" asked Lance.

"Is it stuck in a wormhole?" Hunk asked.

"That's unlike any wormhole I've ever seen," Coran said.

"There's a massive amount of energy emanating from it," Pidge said. "It's centered right where the ship is stuck."

"We have to see if anyone is aboard," Allura said. "They may need our help."

"We could send a probe over to it," Millie suggested. "See if we can get some kind of idea what this thing is?"

"Do it," Keith commanded.

They sent over a probe, analyzing the strange wormhole.

"The energy shows no signs of radioactive decay and its not thermal," Pidge said.

"It's not gravitational," Hunk said. "The probe is staying on course and the light is radiating out, not in like it would in a black hole."

"But out from where?" Pidge asked.

"That energy signature," Coran said. "I know it. It's radiating quintessence!"

The drone went through the wormhole, getting blown up.

"Okay, let's not go through there," Lance said.

"We must," Allura argued.

"Did you not see what just happened?" Hunk asked.

Millie watched the screen as Allura explained that Voltron was made of a specific metal that was able to travel into the quintessence field, and then insisted they help whoever was on the ship.

"Princess, I still think there's a chance this whole thing is a trap," Keith said

"Even if its not a trap, it's far too dangerous to go in there," Coran said.

"That's a risk we have to take, right?" Millie asked. "We can't can't leave them if they're in distress."

"I'll do it myself if I have to," Allura threatened.

The group ended up forming Voltron and went through the wormhole, flying around to the back to the ship when they couldn't contact Coran and finding that the back half of the ship was gone, and the castle was as well.