Chapter Thirty Two

Season Five Episode One: the Prisoner

"That's our target. The moon of Tragoch," Shiro said, approaching the base on said moon.

"According to our latest intelligence, this is where the Galra are building their new upgraded sentries," Allura said.

"Taking out this base means the Galra won't be able to resupply their bases and ships for months," Shiro said.

"And how do we know this isn't a trap?" Lance asked.

"All the intel's checked out so far," Shiro told him. "Everything's just how we were told it would be." An alarm started blaring. "Including preparing us for those!"

A bunch of robots started flying at them, and Pidge sent Allura a signal that would put them out of order, which she used and it did exactly as advertised.

"Now let's take them out before the recalibrate and report our approach," Shiro said. They all flew in, using their jaw blades to destroy the drones. "Form up on me, we're going in."

They all flew into the base using a hole in the side, Shiro warning them that they would only have five minutes and reminding them not to touch the sides.

Of course, Hunk touched the side, causing lava to begun pouring in. "I think I may have nicked the side a little bit," he said after running into Pidge.

Allura used Blue's ice beam to stop the lava, but it immediately began melting.

"We need to hurry, that patch won't last for long," she said.

The lava broke through, chasing after and gaining quickly on them.

"We should be directly under the Galra base," Allura said.

"There's an opening up ahead," Shiro told them. "Follow me."

They flew into one of the blocked tunnels, effectively trapping themselves. Instead, they formed Voltron and busted through the block in the tunnel.

"Take down the factory machines!" Shiro commanded.

They did just that, using lasers to blast through them and to destroy the sentries that were not yet operational. Once they deemed it sufficiently destroyed, they flew out and headed back to the castle.

-☆-☆-☆-

"Oh, man, going on missions is way easier when someone gives you the information you need before you get there," Hunk said, relaxing once they got to the lounge.

Millie let out her Pokémon, allowing them to stretch and run around as the team talked. Dallas laid down behind Millie, above where she was sitting, and Scout ran around while Chimera looked for attention, finding it in Pidge who had been fascinated with it since she found it.

"And yet you still managed to run your lion into a wall," Lance teased.

"Information is one thing, ability is something completely different."

"There's no doubt about it," Shiro said. "We haven't encountered a single problem."

"I must admit, we took down a vital target today," Allura said.

"We made it look easy, too," Millie said, petting Chimera's crest when it went over to her.

"Except for the getting buried in lava part," Pidge said.

"It may be time to consider taking the next step," Shiro said.

"I'm still not comfortable with this." Allura sighed. "It just doesn't feel right."

-☆-☆-☆-

"You doing okay? You look paler than usual," Keith said. Millie chuckled as Mightyena pushed his way onto the screen, barking as a way to summon Scout. Scout jumped up, scrambling to get into frame to see her friend, squealing when she did.

"I've been a bit sick the past day or two, but other than that I've been doing fine," Millie said. "It should be nothing, but you'll be one of the first to know if it's not."

"One of the first?" Keith asked, putting an emphasis on one.

"Well, someone will have to help me perform a medical scan and such," Millie said. "They'd probably find out sooner than either of us."

"You gonna be okay for the meeting later?"

"I'll be fine. It's probably just a cold. I can ask Shiro if we can take tomorrow off so we can rest if it'll make you feel better," she offered.

"It would."

"Then I'll ask Shiro before the meeting."

-☆-☆-☆-

"As of today, our rebel forced have taken control of one third of the Galra empire," Allura said. "But we cannot grow complacent. The Galra Empire is still the dominant force in the universe, however, the tide is changing."

"The rebel coalition is winning because of you, Princess Allura," one of the aliens said. "You and Voltron. Mere cycles ago I feared my race would breathe its last breath in Galra chains. But then Voltron appeared on the horizon, and our lives changed forever!"

"This bid for liberty is only possible because of all of our sacrifices," Allura said. "And we still have a long way to go before the entire universe is free."

"We'll be behind you every step of the way."

"Thank you. We will reconvene soon. Until then."

Tour of the screen disappeared, the fifth one with Kolivan and Keith enlarging.

"Did you complete raids on targets we sent you on our last communication?" Shiro asked.

"Yes. The information we've received from Lotor had consistently checked out," Kolivan said.

"With all these successful missions taking place in such a short period of time, it won't be long before the Galra figure out we're using inside information," Pidge said.

"That's true. We should expect the enemy to change protocol soon."

"Then we need to act fast and hit as many targets as possible," Lance said.

"We'll talk to Lotor and see if there's anything else he can give us," Shiro told everyone.

"I can't stop thinking that we might be an unwitting part of a much larger ulterior motive," Allura said, sighing.

-☆-☆-☆-

Pidge was still upset after her failed mission to find her father, everyone trying their best to figure out where he went for the girl who had become family to them.

Dallas was comforting her, Pidge having her knees brought up to her chest. A beeping started going off, and Zarkon appeared on the screen.

"Paladins of Voltron," he said. "I am making a one-time offer. I have someone of value to you." He moved out of the way, revealing who Millie assumed was Pidge's dad. "I will hand him over and in exchange you give me my son Lotor."