Chapter Fourty Seven

Season Seven Episode Five: The Ruins

Millie was just waking up, having been disturbed from her sleep by Keith's wolf, which handed her a cloth with two portions of food that resembled burritos.

"What happened to the training simulation?" she asked, yawning groggily.

"You need your sleep," Krolia said. "We did it without you. Now eat, you need plenty of calories to keep yourself and the baby healthy."

Millie felt herself bristle. "I'm not helpless."

"Worse; you're pregnant," Krolia said.

"Millie, you have to realize that it's not just you you're protecting," Shiro spoke up and said. "We know you're not helpless, but the baby is. You have to do this kind of stuff to protect them."

Dallas put his head on Millie's lap as if to comfort her, and Millie sighed and looked away, beginning to eat. She hummed in delight. "Hunk, this food is amazing."

"Awe, thanks Millie!" Hunk said, humble as ever. "I made it from collecting fungus paste from the dung of the beetles on that last planet we stopped at--"

"Great, the one food Baby likes and it's dung fungus," Millie muttered.

"Are you just calling them Baby?" Pidge asked. "We already named the wolf, maybe we should name the baby next."

"We haven't had much time to talk about it," Keith said. "We haven't really had much alone time, and up until recently you guys didn't know."

"You guys named the wolf?" Millie asked. "That doesn't seem like a Keith thing to do."

"Keith was against it, but the wolf's name is Kosmo," Allura said.

"That's cute."

Millie finished her first burrito, surprisingly herself by how hungry she still was, and unwrapped the second one. Her appetite had grown recently, and it felt like she was never full thanks to the baby.

"A signal!" Pidge exclaimed.

"How did you get a signal?" Allura asked.

The signal turned out to be some kind of Marmoran distress signal disguised as deep space interference, and they only knew because Krolia was with them. It turned out to be from uncharted territory, and they reluctantly decided to go to it.

The planet was in ruins, most of the destruction from magic as Allura had told them. Dallas and Scout were both out and sniffing around, both of them seeming uneasy. Finally, both of them bristled and Dallas jumped over a hill, his maw sparking. Kosmo followed him, tackling someone to the ground.

Everyone ran over, seeing what the two were so upset about, and finding a man with an insect-like head.

"Who are you?" Keith asked. "Who's broadcasting the signal?"

"It was me!" the man insisted.

"Impossible. You're no Blade of Marmora."

"I will explain all if you would put down your weapons," the man told them.

"Let's see what he has to say," Krolia said.

The man took them to a cave, where he lit a fire and introduced himself as Macidus before Krolia found a bunch of Blade of Marmora blades stabbed into a wall behind a curtain.

She gasped and pointed her gun at Macidus. "What are you doing with these?" she demanded.

"I hang them in honor of their sacrifice," Macidus explained. He went on to retell the story of the war that happened there, explaining that Haggar's druids were sent to destroy every Blade, and that they were led to the planet everyone was currently on, the Blades being summoned to said planet and each and every one of them falling.

"I recognize each and every one of these blades," Krolia said. "I trained many of them myself." She pulled a blade from the wall. "If I had only been here..."

"You would have been slaughtered too," Millie told her, putting a hand on her shoulder.

Krolia looked at the blade, muttering Kolivan's name under her breath.

"Their service won't be forgotten," Keith said, standing on the other side of Krolia. The blade flickered.

"It flickered!" Krolia gasped.

"And?" Millie asked.

"A Blade's sword is connected to their life-force," Krolia explained. "Kolivan must be alive."

"Just barely," Macidus muttered. Everyone gasped and looked to him just as he teleported away, dropping something as he did so. Krolia shouted, and Keith and Kosmo teleported away just in time for a pink bubble to surround everyone else, freezing them.

They stayed frozen for a few moments, the sounds of fighting below them, before Allura's hand began to glow and the bubble began to shrink. Eventually it exploded out of existence, leaving Allura glowing pink. She asked Pidge to lock on to Keith's location and used the stored power to destroy the floor below them.

They dropped directly onto where Keith was, Macidus saying he would enjoy destroying them in front of Kolivan. Keith eventually managed to track where Macidus would appear next, throwing his sword and stabbing Macidus through the stomach, making him dissappear in a burst of light.

Everyone was panting, everyone but Keith on the ground and groaning from being dropped. Everyone congratulated Keith, Hunk saying he thought his face would get melted off like in the simulator Millie didn't get to participate in.

Keith ran over to Millie, who was clutching her stomach and panting. "You alright?" he asked. "Is Baby alright?"

"We really do need to stop calling them that," Millie said. "But yeah. They should be alright."

Keith looked to Kolivan.

-☆-☆-☆-

They were all gathered in the cave, Keith, Krolia and Pidge all gathered around Kolivan, Pidge checking his injuries and eventually saying he would be fine despite being in rough shape.

"I'm sorry my signal lured you here," Kolivan muttered.

"There was nothing you could do," Keith assured him. "But the coordinates I gave you-- he Altean colony. Did you find it?"

Kolivan grunted. "I sent a team. There was nothing there but an empty facility."

Everyone was silent for a moment.

"Juding by the blades Macidus collected, he may have dealt a critical blow to the Marmora," Krolia said. "But he did not get rid of us entirely."

"I must find the others," Kolivan grunted. "The universe needs us now more than ever."

Krolia looked upset for a moment before speaking up. "I will join you," she said. "We will revive the Blade of Marmora together. We just need to find a ship."

"The druid has a ship not far from here," Kolivan said. "We can use it to reunite the blades."

"That's our first bit of luck in a long time," Krolia said. Kolivan closed his eyes as she told him to rest. She walked up to where Keith and Millie were waiting. "Keith, I... I'm sorry to have to say goodbye to you for a second time."

"It's not goodbye," Keith said. He brought out his knife. "Take this. You can return it when we see each other again."

Krolia pulled him into a hug, eventually pulling Millie in as well.

"Thanks for everything you taught me, mom," Keith said.

"Keith," Shiro said, bringing attention to himself. "It's time to get going."

"I love you, Keith," Krolia told Keith. "Yoi too, Millie. I'll be back before the baby is born."

"I love you, too, Mom," Keith said.

They all got to their lions, taking off after saying their goodbyes.