Chapter Twenty

Season Two Episode Nine + Ten: The belly of the Weblum + Escape from Beta Traz

Everyone was gathered on the bridge, Hunk's snoring able to be heard even over the chatter of making plans.

"Could someone wake up Hunk?" Millie finally asked, turning to the yellow Paladin. Pidge woke him up.

"What? What'd I miss?"

"Oh, nothing important, just us coming up with plans to defeat Zarkon," Lance said smugly.

"I doze for ten minutes and you guys figured out how to defeat the forces of evil?"

"You've been asleep for three hours," Pidge said.

"I think we've got something here," Shiro told Kolivan. "It's dangerous and there are a lot of moving parts, but if we can coordinate everything just right--"

"Zarkon's reign will be at its end, and the savagery that's poisoned our universe can finally be cleansed," Kolivan interrupted. "You've done it, Shiro."

"We did it together." They shook hands.

"As long as we all stick to the plan, it should work," Allura said, obviously still distrustful of the Galra soldiers on the ship.

"It will work," Kolivan said. "Perhaps then you'll learn that not all Galra are as bad as Zarkon."

"I hope not," Allura said.

"Ulaz was right to trust you all," Antok suddenly pitched in.

"He sacrificed everything to bring us together," Shiro said. "Let's honor him by taking down Zarkon."

"So this is actually it, huh?" Millie said. Everyone was solemn, knowing that after this everyone would likely go back to their normal lives.

"So what's the plan?" Hunk said, bringing back the energy on the ship.

Lance began explaining it, and Millie put her hands on the table, leaning on it as Dallas brushed against her legs comfortingly.

"I guess the only question is when do we strike," Pidge asked.

"As soon as we build a teludav big enough to wormhole Zarkon's ship," Coran replied.

"Oh man, the teludav again? Does that mean we need more scaultrite," Hunk asked.

"That's just one of many things we'll need," Allura told him.

"An I sensing a trip back to the space mall here?"

"I don't think we could get enough scaultrite at the mall, Hunk," Millie said.

"Of course not!" Coran said. "Which is why you, Hunk, and Keith are all headed to a weblum, in which you can find as much scaultrite as we'll need!"

"What?"

-☆-☆-☆-

They approached the Weblum, a giant, blue worm-looking creature and watched the video Coran had given them which would show how to collect it supposedly. The video was over ten thousand years old, though, and didn't work.

"I guess we figure it out on the fly?" Millie suggested.

"I'd rather not," Hunk said, panicking as usual.

They began flying through chunks of rock.

"What are those?" Hunk asked.