Chapter Seven

Season One Episode Six: Taking Flight

Millie gasped as a wave of cool air washed over her face. Her eyes snapped open and she stumbled out of wherever she was being held, falling over only to find herself being caught on something fuzzy. It purred from under her and she blinked away the sleep in her eyes, finding herself leaning on Dallas.

"Hey bud," she said, her voice still groggy. Dallas purred more and licked her face, making her giggle.

"Where are the others?" she asked. She pushed herself off of her Luxray and followed him as she walked off. "Did they ever get Lance? Is he okay?"

Dallas paused to look at her and he nodded. She released a sigh of relief and they both continued on their way. She would have to ask the others about the whole story.

Dallas eventually lead her to the room where all the armour was normally kept, and she spotted her armour laying in a heap on the floor. Without the suit that went under it (which she was still wearing), they must not have been able to put it on the stand.

She dropped down and immediately went for the wrist piece, which she knew held her other Pokèmon, and she opened it, finding the three capsules. She released Scout and Blake, sighing in relief when she saw that they were both okay. Scout ran over and nuzzled her trainer's hand, while Blake made a dash for the exit, only to be caught by Dallas, who brought her back and dropped her at Millie's feet.

Millie chuckled and pet Blake's head, who was pouting at the fact that she had been stopped by Dallas, and she got to work on putting on her armour. As soon as everything was clicked into place, she returned Blake and started leaving with Dallas and Scout at her heels.

She walked into the control room to find Coran. "Hey Coran," she greeted. "Where are the others?"

Coran perked up upon hearing Millie, and he immediately whipped around and Millie noticed the weird gleam in his eye as if he knew something she didn't. "They're down on the moon below the castle fixing up a spacecraft for some people who had their ship damaged," he told her. Millie nodded and started to walk away, but she was stopped by Coran again.

"Are you feeling okay, Millie?" Coran said.

Millie raised an eyebrow at him. "Yes. Why?" she asked.

"No reason," Coran said. Millie stared at him for a few seconds before shrugging and turning to leave. "If you ever want to tell me anything... any secrets, anything about your past, where you come from, anything, I'm here."

"Okay... whatever. Can I leave now?" Millie asked.

Coran nodded. "Oh! Of course!" Millie rolled her eyes and finally left.

---

Scout jumped out and sped around in a circle, obviously excited about the new place. Millie giggled and she and her two Pokémon walked around, eventually finding the others. Her stomach felt like it dropped as she was suddenly filled with a bad feeling about the people they were with.

"Hey," she said, walking over to them.

"Millie!" everyone exclaimed. They all went over to ask a bunch of questions, but she noticed that Allura was staying behind a bit, and she had the exact same shine in her eyes that Coran had.

"Where's Lance?" Millie asked, confused when she couldn't see him.

"Oh, he's off with Nyma," Pidge said. Millie smiled when she saw Pidge riding around on a robot.

Suddenly, a screech was heard. Millie sighed and Dallas ran over to where the screeching was. They both knew who it was.

Millie looked to where the screech was heard and she saw a guy with purple skin reach inside a box of parts and pull Scout from inside. He put her in his arms and began to pet her, prompting her to wag her puffy tail. Millie walked over.

"Is this cutie yours?" the guy asked.

"Yeah, sorry about that," Millie said sheepishly.

"It's no big deal. I'm Rolo," he said, introducing himself to the girl.

"Millie," Millie said, taking Scout into her own arms. Millie looked to the Eevee with a scolding expression, but Scout didn't seem to mind as she just kept wagging her tail.

"Rolo! Come help me with your ship!" Millie heard Hunk yell.

"Well, I guess that's my cue," Rolo said. He picked up a couple pieces and walked off.

Millie turned to everyone else and saw the Blue Lion taking off out of the castle. She sighed. Lance was gonna do something stupid.

"Millie!" Hunk yelled. "Do you know anything about mechanics?"

"Uh, not really, but after a look I'm sure I'd be able to figure it out," Millie said.

"Perfect! We need to get going as soon as we can." With that, Millie jogged off to to try and help.

---

"I think this thing is just about ready for a test drive," Rolo said, hoping out from the hatch. He closed it and jogged off to get in, but Millie couldn't help but notice one specific detail. "Beezer, come be my co-pilot!"

"Uh, just a minute," Millie said, walking forwards. Rolo ducked his head back out. "Why is the outside of the ship not damaged at all? I can't even spot a dent in it." Everyone looked back and sure enough, the metal plates on it looked perfectly fine.

"Oh, it's a special type of metal that doesn't get dented," he said, not looking her in the eye. Her eyes narrowed at him.

"Hold on," Shiro said. Rolo quickly ducked back in and shot off.

"I knew it!" Hunk yelled. "I could feel that he was lying! I knew that we should have just loaded up and left. Let's get Lance and leave."

"Hey guys," Lance said over the comms.

"Lance!" Millie nearly yelled.

"Hey, Mills! You're awake!" Lance exclaimed.

"Yeah, I am. What's wrong?" Millie asked. She thought about what Lance had said and then realised. "Oh, and don't call me Mills." How long had it been since someone last called her that? It was only used by people very, very close to her, like Jackson.

"Okay, sheesh. Well, Nyma kinda chained me to a tree, and then Rolo came and they flew off with the Blue Lion," Lance told them.

"We're on our way," Shiro said. "Everyone to your lions. We need to get the Blue Lion before it's too late."

Everyone went to their lions and started to chase after Nyma and Rolo's ship. They quickly had the ship in their sights but they flew into an asteroid field.

"There's no way we can get through this asteroid field," Pidge said.

"Maybe I can just bust through," Hunk said. He flew his lion forward and crashed into an asteroid, but it only sent the asteroid crashing into others.

As everyone began brainstorming ideas, Millie felt her lion roar. It wasn't one that could be heard, it just felt like a rumbling in her chest. Every noise faded away as she looked down to where a button was giving off a light blue light. She pressed it, trusting her lion to not do anything stupid to her, and her lion let out a roar, sending visible sound waves out of its mouth.

Millie pushed her lion through the soundwaves and they shot her forwards at a very, very fast speed. She was going so fast that the sheer force of her speed sent asteroids flying away from her, and in only a few seconds she found herself in front of Rolo and Nyma's ship. The ship stopped and the others soon found their way over to them, too.

---

They were back on the moon. Lance was untied, they had the Blue Lion back, and all that was left was to say their farewells to the three.

"Thanks for sparing our lives," Rolo said.

"Yeah, what whatever, now let's get to the Balmera to save Shay and her people," Hunk said.

"Who's Shay?" Millie asked.

"I'll explain it on the way. Now come on!" Hunk said, trying to hurry the Paladins up.