Chapter Thirty One

Season Four Episode Five + Six: Begin the Blitz + A New Defender

"Entire Galra fleets have been mobilized," Kolivan said. "Zarkon seems to be out looking for Lotor." Kolivan and Keith were both on the screen. Kolivan was giving a report, and Shiro went on to make a plan about taking back a third of the empire, Millie not paying attention as she watched Keith and he watched her.

"--Naxzela will already be under attack." Millie snapped back to reality, acting like she had heard everything Shiro had just said. Keith smirked at her, obviously having caught her not paying attention.

"By whom?" Allura asked.

"Voltron," Shiro said.

"Aw yeah! Team Voltron's gonna drop in Naxzela, form Hunk's laser cannon and be all 'pow! Pow! Pow!' Easy peasy."

"Unfortunately not that easy," Shiro said. "Naxzela will be tough, and heavily guarded by Galra. Our attacks must be swift enough to neutralize the Galra forces before they gave time to contact headquarters. If they call for reinforcements, we'll be stuck in a fight on two fronts."

"If this works, the Voltron coalition will posses a third of the Galra empire's territory," Kolivan said. "It will be a massive victory."

"And inspire a whole new wave of rebellions," Allura pointed out.

"There's no time to waste," Shiro said.

After gathering leaders of the coalition and sending a message to various planets that had pledged themselves to the cause, the plan was put into action. Pidge and Hunk were send to take out the communications base, and after that the rebel fighters and the Blade of Marmora were sent out to take care of the Zaiforge cannons while the team was on their way to Naxzela.

Almost automatically they were surrounded, and they began blasting through cruisers like they were nothing up until they were backed into a minefield.

"I can use my sensors to locate them but there are just too many to navigate through," Pidge said.

"I can try and freeze them," Allura suggested.

Voltron disbanded, Allura freezing the mines and the group flying out and reforming Voltron.

"Great work team," Shiro said. "Now let's secure Naxzela."

"Quiznak," Coran said over the comms. "The Galra communications base is back up. Distress signals are going through!".

"It doesn't matter Coran, they're too late," Shiro said. "We've just about secured Naxzela."

"There's another Galra battle cruiser approaching," Coran warned them.

"Sorry Shiro," Keith said after the cannons had gone down. "That's That's for artillery support. What should we do about that cruiser?"

"That cruisers gonna be too late," Shiro said. "Naxzela's almost secure. We just need to take care of the last of the heavy artillery. On our left!"

A cruiser shot at them, but they redirected the beam just in time to make it blow itself up before flying up and using the shoulder cannon to destroy multiple buildings at once.

They landed, the ground beginning to shake beneath their feet.

"Woah, did we cause that earthquake?" Lance asked.

"I don't think so," Pidge said.

"Guys, look over there!" Hunk warned.

Giant pillars began rising from the ground.

"What are those?" Lance asked.

"We've never seen anything like this from the Galra before," Pidge said.