Chapter Thirty Seven

Season Five Episode Six: White Lion

"So this magic rock is gonna guide us to a mysterious planet?" Pidge asked, everyone looking at the rock Allura had brought aboard.

"A land known as Oriande," Lotor explained.

Coran laughed. "I'm afraid someone's been ruggling your wimble, Prince Lotor," he said. "Oriande is just an Altean folktale. It doesn't actually exist."

"That's what I thought, Coran," Allura said. "But now, I have a feeling it is quite real."

"It is the birthplace of all Altean alchemy," Lotor continued. "The place where King Alfor learned the secrets that helped him create Voltron, and where Allura will learn those same secrets so that my ships may enter the quintessence field."

"And what makes you the authority on Altean magically nonsense?" Lance asked. "Coran knows more made-up gobbledygook than anyone I've ever met!"

"Thank you, Lance. And I can assure you, King Alfor never mentioned anything to me about traveling to Oriande," Coran said.

"In all likelihood, he kept it a secret from everyone," Lotor argued. "I have been researching Oriande for centuries, hoping to learn more about my Altean ancestry. Over time I've managed to gather evidence from all over the universe that hinted at its existence. Now, thanks to Princess Allura, I will be able to gaze upon its magnificence with my own eyes."

"Aren't you a little busy running your empire to take a magical vacation?" Hunk asked, raising his hand.

"In order to transition the Galra to a peaceful existence, I need to be aware to open up a pathway to the quintessence field," Lotor said. "Once my people have access to unlimited energy, the old ways of the Empire will be behind them."

"If this voyage is successful, the universe will finally be on a path to peace," Allura said.

"Well, let's find out where we're going," Shiro said.

Allura used the castle's map with her magical rock rock determine where Oriande was. "There," she said. "Between those three celestial bodies. That's where we're headed."

"Wait a tick, that's the Patrulian zone," Coran said.

"The what now?" Lance asked.

"The Patrulian zone is a mysterious part of space where ships enter and are never heard from again," Coran explained.

"So it's the space Bermuda triangle," Millie concluded. The paladins who knew what that was all nodded in understanding.

"Princess, that area has been deemed unsafe to navigate for ages," Coran said, completely ignoring Millie.

"The perfect place to hide a magical world," Lotor countered.

"Or to crash and die," Pidge muttered.

"We will approach with caution," Allura said. "Prepare our course, Coran."

"Yes, Princess..."

-☆-☆-☆-

"We're approaching the Patrulian zone," Coran warned as they wormholed tk the area they needed to be.

"What that up ahead?" Shiro asked. "An asteroid belt?"

"It looks like a bunch of broken up ships," Millie muttered.

"Exactly, Millie," Coran mumbled.

"What caused them all to lose power?" Hunk asked.

"No one knows," Coran sighed.