Chapter Twenty Two

Season Two Episode Twelve: Best Laid Plans

Allura gave one last speech to the Okari, and everyone had their lions bite into the teludav and fly up, taking it with them. They let go once it was in the air, the castle able to pull it along, and everyone went inside.

"Alright guys, listen up," Shiro said, giving everyone a last quick rundown. "I'll use the Black Lion to lure Zarkon's fleet to our current position and make sure he's within the area of effect. Keeping the teludav hidden behind the space-fold until the last possible second is essential. We can count on you, right, Slav?"

"Absolutely," Slav said. "I'll be fine. I'm not sure about the gravity generator though."

"What was that last thing?" Hunk asked.

"Hiding a ship is one thing, but I've never had to build a gravity generator for something this large before. I know it will work, but I'm not sure for how long."

"Well, that's a risk we'll have to take," Shiro said. "Once Zarkon's ship is in position, Kolivan and Antok will coordinate with Thace. Together, they'll take down Zarkon's security system and upload the virus."

"And then he'll be a sitting du-flax," Pidge said. "Because a du-flax is an altean creature with a beak and webbed feet."

"We'll wormhole Zarkon five hundred million light-years away," Ciran said. "He'll be in the Yggis Galaxy before he knows what hit him!"

"What about Thace?" Shiro asked.

"He should be getting into position now," Kolivan said. "We received his last transmission three quintants ago, we should hear from him soon."

-☆-☆-☆-

"Zarkon took the bait. He has my location," Shiro said. "Is everybody ready?"

"We've not yet heard from Thace," Kolivan said. "He was supposed to contact us two vargas ago."

"He could've been captured," Antok said.

"Or killed," Kolivan pointed out. "We need to abort the mission immediately."

"Why don't you have more than one person in the ship?" Millie asked. "It just seems like that would be smarter than putting everything on one person."

"It leaves less room for error if we have one person we trust completely on the ship," Kolivan explained.

"We cannot back away now," Allura said.

"The Blade of Marmora does not take chances," Antok said. "It's how we survived for so long."

"And how Zarkon has, too," Millie said. "We need to take this chance if we want to defeat him. The risk is high, yes, but we need to do this."

"We would rather wait than jeopardize everything," Kolivan said. "Besides, it's too late to get someone on the inside again."

"I'll do it," Keith and Millie said at the same time. They looked at each other and Millie nodded, Keith smiling a bit to her.

"What?" Allura asked.

"I'm Galra, and Millie is Carulem, so we'll be able to interact with their technology," Keith said. "Pidge, you can rig up one of those pods with a cloaking device for us, right?"