Chapter Ten

Season One Episode Nine: Crystal Venom + Bonus

Millie groaned and covered her head with a pillow as she heard Coran call her to the containment room. It hadn't been that long since they left the Balmera, and Allura wasn't the only tired one. She had been trying to get a bit of rest before their next big mission, but apparently everyone else had different plans.

She felt something nudge her and purr, and she smacked Dallas with a pillow. Dallas didn't mind, as she never was very strong when she wanted to sleep, and he kept nudging her to try and get her up. Finally, he gave up and just shoved her straight off the bed.

Millie glared at the Luxray and stood up, finally deciding to go join the others. She called back Dallas and Blake, but decided to leave Scout out, much to the Eevee's excitement.

"C'mon, Scout," Millie called. She walked out of the room with her Pokémon trotting happily behind her.

She smoothed down her hair as best she could as she entered the room where everyone else was already having a conversation. Sendak was in a chamber, fast asleep, with his memories about to be pulled out of his brain. The sight of Sendak made her shiver as she remembered what he had done and said to her the night that he attacked the castle.

"When I go, i want all the information in my brain to be stored in a giant ship," Lance said.

"The amount of information in your brain could be stored in a paper airplane," Keith said, his voice still.

Millie chuckled, bringing Keith's attention to her. He smiled softly to her, and she smiled back. Her eyes locked onto Keith's once again and the world seemed to melt away around them, her senses only being brought back to her when she felt Scout pawing at her leg.

Millie bent down and picked up Scout, who happily nuzzled her chin, and she looked back to Keith, who was looking back at the machines, still with the faint traces of a smile lingering on his lips.

The small tube that was going to hold Sendak's memories flashed a bit, and a little bit of some sort of white substance leaked into the canister before stopping.

"Was that what was supposed to happen?" Hunk asked.

"Let's just wait a bit," Shiro said.

Millie looked at Sendak, the memory of him cutting of blood circulation to her legs flashing through her mind. Her eyes widened in slight terror and she took a small step back, practically being able to feel the pain of his robotic arm squeezing her waist.

She looked over and noticed a small, concerned look from Keith. "I think I'll, uh, go train or something," Millie said. She began walking off.

"I'll go too," Keith said. Millie shot him a glance, unsure of whether it was grateful or not.

Scout jumped out of Millie's arms and squealed excitedly, running around the girl's legs. Millie carefully moved around, making sure not to step on the small creature, and Scout ran over to Keith next. Keith chuckled and Millie felt her heart seem to light up as he picked her up.

Fuck. Did he always do these things to her?

"You still seem so excited to be on this ship even after all this time," Keith said, scratching Scout's head. Scout leaned into his hand, closing her eyes as she let the relaxing feeling nearly put her to sleep.

"She never gets tired of anything," Millie said, chuckling. Keith looked over to her with yet another smile, and her heart seemed to skip a beat. She turned her head back in front of her, hoping it was enough to keep him from noticing the heat rapidly rushing to her face.