Chapter Eighteen

Season Two Episode seven: Space Mall

"I now know for certain Zarkon is tracking us through the black lion," Shiro said. "We have to find some way to stop him."

"How are we gonna do that?" Pidge asked.

"We've never had this situation before," Allura said. "Two Paladins fighting for the same lion."

"Well, unless we want Zarkon taking control of Voktron every time we get close, I'll have to forge a new bond with my Lion," Shiro said. "One that's stronger than his."

"Well, while you're working on that, the rest of the Paladins and I need to find some new teludav lenses," Coran said. "Otherwise we won't be able to travel via wormhole."

"Is that something we have to mail order?" Hunk asked.

"Does anyone even make those anymore?" Keith asked.

"I don't know," Allura sighed. "Only a few Alteans could use the Teludav ten thousand years ago. They may not exist anymore."

"I think I might know where we can get some," Coran said, a gleam in his eye. He pulled up some pictures on the screen.

"Coran! You're not suggesting going to one of those filthy swap moons!" Allura exclaimed. "Last time you went, those space pirates took you for everything you had!"

"Space pirates?" Lance asked.

Coran explained about the Unilu, who were apparently very skilled traders, and he ended up telling a story which Allura laughed at and said her father was angry about.

"Well, while Coran is picking up his lenses, I'll take you shopping for something sparkly," Lance said. It was the first time Allura looked genuinely intrigued at his flirting.

"This isn't shopping!" Coran yelled. "You're not wandering around going "Oooo, what a lovely pink hat! This is so becoming." No! I can't allow Allura to get anywhere near those filthy, lowballing Unilu hoodlums."

"But I'd love something sparkly," Allura whined.

"Look, you're the only one who can operate the castle," Coran explained. "You need to be resting, after all you've been through. Now, let's ready a pod for our mission, we need to get in, find the scaultrite lenses, and get out.:

"Shotgun!" Millie and Lance yelled at the same time. They played Rock-Paper-Scissors for it and Millie won.

"What? No, you have to be in the pod bay to call shotgun," Hunk said.

"Since when?" Millie asked.

"Uhh, since forever? It's shotgun etiquette. I wrote the book."

"Well you can shove your stupid book up your ass!"

"Millie!" Millie flinched when she heard Shiro yell. He looked at her with disappointment and she turned away.

"Whatever," she said. "I need to go get ready. It's my first time going somewhere like this in years and I want to look, y'know, nice."

"I'll help!" Allura yelled, running after her.

-☆-☆-☆-

Allura and Millie were in Allura's room, with Allura doing Millie's hair. It was up space buns, while Millie was wearing a white, black, and gold dress Allura had insisted she wear. Scout and Blake were play wrestling in the corner, Blake having improved so much that she could be in the same room as Millie without growling constantly at her.