Dorothea X Reader- Avoidance (Request)

Shout out to this Dorothea with a bit more realistic body proportions 💖

Request: @Hitthereimyou12
Warnings: None
Genre: Fluff
Word count: 2149
Gender: Male
Additional Information: • Shy

Hey, guys! I hope you are having a lovely day! As I wrote this, I was on the plane, coming back from Romania to France. It felt great to see my family again, especially after a whole year of being apart, but now it's time to go back, so yeah.
Anyways, I'm actually half way through the Ashe request, but I finished this one first, so I thought I might as well post it.
It's around midnight here, as I'm posting this, and I'm extremely tired, so I'm really sorry if there are any mistakes in the oneshot.
Anyways, I hope you guys like this one. It was a lot of fun writing this, and really helped to pass the time while on the plane.
Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~

(Y/N) was a rather shy student, probably the most shy, second only to Bernadetta.

He didn't enjoy making friends that much, and didn't really have any, but it soon changed when he met Dorothea, one of the students from the Black Eagles.

After a few months of staying by each other's side, they became awfully close, and (Y/N) had grown to be fully comfortable around her. Besides her, he didn't have that many friends, but that didn't bother him, as he had her.

But a change took place. At first, it was subtle. (Y/N) had slowly and surely began to frequent his friend less and less, and it became noticeable when Dorothea finally realized that, besides during lectures and meals, she had never seen him outside again.

And even during lectures, (Y/N) had began to sit in the last row, all by himself, and no matter how much Dorothea tried to sit next to him, he would decline, and say that the professor wanted him to be here alone- Which was a completely dumb excuse, because they both knew that (Y/N) was one of the professor's favorite students, and that he'd never force him to sit all by himself, let alone in the first row. But Dorothea said nothing, and left him alone. Maybe he just needed some space, which was fine, but he could've at least told her that instead of making up random excuses.

And if Dorothea had the luck of finding him outside, when she'd come up to him, (Y/N) would get awfully flustered, craft yet another random excuse and flee the place.

She'd wonder if she had done something to upset him...

~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~

The only times (Y/N) would frequent the same room as Dorothea these days, other than during lectures, were during meals at the dining hall, but all of a sudden, he stopped going.

Dorothea at first, didn't think much of it.

'Maybe he's just busy. He'll come tomorrow.'

But that day never came.

A few days passed and Dorothea was beginning to worry. She started asking around but everyone was giving her similar, useless answers.

Then, one night, Dorothea finally gave up waiting.

Perhaps she could skip dinner just this once. It wasn't as if she was that hungry anyways.

She picked some bread and her dessert, wrapped it in a napkin, and left the dining hall, heading towards (Y/N)'s dorm room.

~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~

Knock. Knock.

"Who's there?" A meek male voice spoke from behind the door. Dorothea could make out the sound of his steps hurrying to the door.