Dimitri X Reader- Go for it! (Request)

Request: @angel_hatake_UwU
Warnings: None
Word count: 1291
Gender: Female
Additional Info: Dimitri X Worlds traveler! Reader

Gave Byleth no chill and some awareness.
Enjoy!

(Y/N) was an odd one.

She came from another world, the "normal world", as she liked to call it. It was some sort of "modern" world where everything was different from Byleth's own world.

Byleth knew about (Y/N)'s capacity to shift between realities and it truly fascinated them. That meant that the entire universe was much wider than people thought. It was probably a whole universe of infinite possibilities, parallel universes, alternate realities.

That was a notion Byleth was very fascinated about and both them and (Y/N), with the help of her experience of her knowledge of the worlds she had already visited and could visit, wanted to explore this aspect of life that no one had ever delved in before and perhaps, someday, write a paper about it.

"It could revolutionize the world! Well- Worlds! I think this is brilliant, Byleth," (Y/N) kept on saying excitedly. The mere of thought of remaining engrained in history because of these new discoveries thrilled her.

And so, (Y/N) would spend all her days, whenever she could, by Byleth's side, doing research, jotting down every single one of the young woman's experiences in the other worlds, and every single possible explanation about how she was able to jump from one world to the next.

They spent their nights together too, talking, trying to find links between all sorts of occurrences and between past events written down in old history books- anything that could be useful to them.

Needless to say, Prince Dimitri was a little jealous of their tightly knit friendship.

~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~

"(Y/N) won't be coming today?" Dimitri asked, trying to hide his downward expression from the Professor.

They chuckled. They knew what was going on and they had known it for a while now.

"Not today, Dimitri. But tomorrow, yes, if you ever want to talk to her," Byleth muttered.

"Talk to her?" Dimitri didn't quite understand, "Is there something I should ask her about in particular, Professor?"

The Professor looked at Dimitri and raised a brow, "Talk to her, Dimitri."

Bashful, Dimitri lightly frowned, then looked around, "Professor, I still don't get what you mean."

They sighed, "You sure are oblivious. I've seen you lurking around, when you think we aren't looking. You're always looking at her, with the most visible blush on your face, and I even noticed you attempting to talk to her in private every once in a while too. And the worst part? When I stay or talk with her, you sometimes throw me those very subtle jealousy glares."

"Professor!" Now, he was really blushing, "I-I never thought— I never meant any disrespect towards you—"

"Oh, relax. I know it's got nothing to do with me personally, Dimitri."

"Ah... Well then, I—"

"So, are you actually going to talk to her or not?"

"About...?"

The Professor sighed: he was so clueless, "About... Well, that you like her. You do like her, don't you?"

"Of course, I do," he said, still slightly confused about where the conversation was heading.