Lysithea X Reader- Little Break

Spoilers (sort of?)
Enjoy! ☺️

Lysithea and (Y/N) were friends since a young age, (Y/N) only being a few months older then her. During their childhood, they never were able to see each other very often, even if House Ordelia and House (H/N) were neighbors. So when both of them started their year of at the academy the same year, they became inseparable, trying to spend time together as much as possible before they would part at the end of the year.

Lysithea thought of (Y/N) as an equal and wished to spend as much time with her as possible until it was too late. (Y/N) respected Lysithea as well, which was a nice change of pace for the young, white haired student, who had enough of being treated like some child by her classmates.

They would often be found studying together. And when (Y/N) was sick of stuffing her Brian with knowledge, she would drag Lysithea into taking small breaks, which would end up with (Y/N) being the only one talking, while Lysithea would eat a piece of cake or some sweets she had gathered from the Mess Hall.

~~~~~~~~~~ (awkward story beginning)

"So... If a battalion strikes from here... then it's most likely to fail?"

"Yes. But, it also depends on weather and battlefield," Lysithea explained to (Y/N), while both of them were buried in a large book with yellowish pages.

While Lysithea lay out the meanings of the different battle strategies, (Y/N) would nod and glance over at the book, then at Lysithea.

After two hours already passing by, Lysithea noticed how (Y/N) attention wasn't set on what she was explaining anymore, and that (Y/N) started staring into the void, her thoughts filled with anything that didn't concern strategy.

Lysithea, annoyed by such behavior, pinched the bridge of her nose, "You're not even listening to me!"

(Y/N), snapped back into reality, gasped and turned her eyes to her little friend, who seemed on the verge of scolding her, "I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I want do it again, I swear!"

Lysithea didn't answer, she closed the large sized book and looked at the time on the clock the library had to offer (yes, I made that up), "I suppose a small break is in order."

(Y/N)'s eyes sparkled as she clutched her fists, "Really?"

"But just a small one," The younger friend warned, as she got up from her chair and stored the book on one of the shelves, "We also have homework for tomorrow."

It was (Y/N)'s turn to get up and say excitingly, "I'll bring you cake, I saw some at the mess hall!"

Outside the library, (Y/N) peaked from behind the door and smiled, "See you back at my room in five minutes."

Lysithea stayed still until (Y/N)'a footsteps weren't audible anymore. With a large sigh did the young girl say, "She's such a child," but under that little frown of hers, she hid a little smile, "But I suppose that is one of her more interesting qualities."

~~~~~~~~~~~ (another awkward time skip :))

Back in (Y/N)'s room, the two friends sat on (Y/N) as they ate cake. Well, it was mostly Lysithea doing the eating, stuffing her face with crumbs, while (Y/N) talked and talked.

"... Oh! And do you know who that student caught with his fishing line?"

Lysithea cocked an eyebrow, "Wait, a who? Who?"

"Seteth!"

Lysithea's eyes widen, interrupting her eating, while her mouth was still filled with cake, "No way!"

"Well, I'm not sure if it's true. But if it is, I wonder why Seteth was in the pond in the first place," the white haired girl shrugged, "I bet it isn't. I don't imagine Seteth falling in a pond. But you should ask him."

(Y/N) gasped, covering her mouth with her hands, "Oh, I would never!"

"I dare you to!"

(Y/N)'a cheeks grew a slight shade of pink, "Lysithea!"

"Fine, fine," Lysithea returned to her cake, but, noticing that her friend wasn't talking, she asked in concern, "Why are you not talking? You ok?"

"Me? I'm fine, I'm fine. It's just..."

"Just what?"

"I know it's a bit of a silly question to ask but... We'll always be together, right? Until we grow grey and old?"

Lysithea didn't respond, such a question was hard to answer for her. For others, it was as simple as saying hello, but for her, it was a question that she feared, ever since their friendship started growing. Of course, Lysithea  wished badly to spend her days with (Y/N) until their last moments, but her condition didn't allow that; their friendship would probably be able to last only a few more years, then (Y/N) would be left alone.

Lysithea bit her bottom lip, and as (Y/N) started growing impatient, Lysithea smiled sadly, "Well, I can't promise we'll be together until we grow grey old, but," she rested her hand on (Y/N)'s," But I can promise that, no matter what, I'll stay by your side until I can't anymore and we'll cherish every second of our time, creating memories that will live on."

(Y/N) let out her pinky, "Pinky promise?"

Lysithea sighed in exasperation, (Y/N) was hopeless when it came to acting her age. But, she nonetheless pulled out her pinky, "Pinky promise."

And there they were, two good fifteen year old friends making a promise to one another with the most childlike vow of all: the pinky promise. From this day onward, they made sure to put their promise in application.

Since I had time today (for once 😂), I had the idea of a oneshot for Lysithea to welcome her to FEH! I'm going to try and get her on the FE3h banner coming out (wish me luck 😅). Also, I just love her FEH art, it's just 👌 (she's going around looking like a marshmallow and I'm all for it).