Hubert X Reader- At the training grounds late at night (Request)

More info: Huber X Male!Shy!Reader

This was requested by @AlexanderKiplingAdam!
I hope this is to your liking! Whenever I need to write something for Hubert, the oneshot always takes place during nighttime, so sorry about that, it sort of became a habit XD. I'm always scared that the characters are OOC in my oneshots, so I'm hoping Hubert isn't in this.
Enjoy!

This night specifically, (Y/N) had decided that he'd stay a bit late to train a little while longer. His professor was alright with it as long as he didn't stay too late and wouldn't make too much noise to disturb the others, who would be sleeping by then.

This was a great opportunity to train in peace without any eyes glued on him for tomorrow's upcoming exams.

And so here he was, at the training grounds, training relentlessly in the dead silent night.

It was quite warm out, but it didn't really bother him, so he kept on with his training.

After a while, he grew quite tired, and so he stopped. He put his weapon down, and sat on the cold stone borders surrounding the training grounds.

His back against a pillar, he looked up at the moon above him, as he breathed in and out, panting.

The atmosphere was extremely peaceful and quiet. It was quite lovely. One day, this would be the type of place where he'd like to live when he's done with his studies at the academy.

At some point, (Y/N) closed his eyes, letting the atmosphere envelop him in a sweet embrace.

"(Y/N)."

"(Y/N)."

The boy felt someone shake him awake.

"Hm?" (Y/N) rubbed his eyes, and then painfully opened them, to see a tall, dark haired man hovered above him.

'Gods. Out of all people, why did it have to be him?' (Y/N) told himself. As soon as he looked up, he quickly looked down again. He couldn't dare stare into this man's eyes again. This was so embarrassing.

"H-Hubert.."

"To be fair, I was about to let you alone here, until I noticed that you were asleep. Gods know how much time you could've ended up spending if it weren't for me waking you up. This will save the professor or staff needless trouble to find you in the morning."

(Y/N) finally mustered the courage to look into Hubert's eyes, "I fell asleep? How long?..."

Despite the night, you could tell Hubert was frowning, "How am I supposed to know? I only noticed you a few minutes ago. But even so, to fall asleep in such a place is irresponsible. You won't do much good to the Empire if you make such simple mistakes."

"Y-Yes, and I'm terribly sorry..."

The older student sighed, "I don't need your little excuses. I have places to be. Farewell, (Y/N)."

(Y/N) quickly got up, reaching out his hand for Hubert, "Wait, Hubert! Ho-Hold on, just a moment!"

Hubert turned around, "What, (Y/N)?"

"What were you doing before you found me? What were you doing up anyways? It must be quite late..."

Hubert's single, visible eye narrowed, "It is none of your concern. And to be fair, I could be asking you the same thing."

"I-I have an exam tomorrow, so I was training for it."

"So late at night?"

"Ah, well... I always try to train long and hard for it. I'm so nervous for it, so I can't stand the thought of wasting a few hours sleeping while I could be training even more!"

"How foolish of you. Anyone would know that that isn't advised."

"I... I know, but..." (Y/N) didn't quite know what to say, "I.... I'm sorry."

The dark haired student rolled his eyes, "There you go with these excuses again."

"Oh, I'm so sorry- I mean- I'm going now..."

"And where is that? Where are you heading now?"

"To my dorm. I'm going to bed."

"And, aren't you forgetting something?"

"Ah, yes! Of course," (Y/N) picked up his weapon off the ground.

"H-Hum... Say, Hubert? I hope it won't bother you, but..."

Hubert was getting quite annoyed at this point, "Yes?"

"W-Would it, hum... be okay if you accompany me back to my room. The academy's halls can be quite frightening during the night..."

Although (Y/N) wasn't quite fond of spending more time then necessary with Hubert, a man whom he had always avoided, he much preferred doing that then going around the sinister, quiet hallways during nighttime alone.

Hubert sighed. He didn't have time for such a thing, but something within him compelled him to agree.

"Let's go."

"Thank you, Hubert."

And so the two of them left the training grounds and start to head towards (Y/N)'s dorm.

"It's here."

"Good."

(Y/N) smiled sweetly, "Thank you for waking me up, and bringing me back to my dorm. That was very sweet of you."

It was Hubert's turn to slightly smile, "No need for needless thanks." (Y/N)'s smile was contagious.

"Well, good night, Hubert. I-I need to get to bed."

"Yes, good night, I suppose."