Ferdinand X Reader- a night to remember

!Very cheesy alert!
It's probably just me but, there are times where I just want to write some very cheesy fluff :3
This is one of those times.
Enjoy!

The ball held by the Archbishop was a massive success. There wasn't a single student who didn't attend. Everyone was there, in beautiful gowns or in handsome suits. It was a once in a year opportunity for some to ask their loved ones for a dance, as the music played in the background. Ferdinand was one of those people; he eagerly waited for his sweetheart, who was still getting ready, so he could ask her to dance with him. And maybe, when they had enough of the ball, both of them could take a nice walk around the monastery. Imagining the scene made the young man squeal out of excitement. He couldn't contain himself, and it was very obvious to everyone else; he would brag about his date with (Y/N) to Eldergard and try to make Hubert jealous that he didn't have one (it's not his fault Eldergard doesn't love him). He had put his most expensive suit on (one that could compare to the price of Edelgard's gown), just so he could impress his girlfriend.

While waiting for her in the ballroom, he talked to a small group of students. He would often be asked to dance, but he would say that he had already planned to dance with someone very special to him.

"But you're not just going to dance with her, right?"

"Of course I will! It would ruin the whole purpose of our date! Our first one in fact," he had to contain himself from not appearing noble like. But the truth was that he was just very excited; often glancing at the several doors of the room, just to make sure she was coming.

He grew bored of the conversation a while ago, trying to be patient, when he truly wasn't. He had almost lost hope in her coming, when he spotted a familiar face that could only be hers among the crowd. Suddenly, he wasn't able to hear what these people were even saying to him. His attention drifted to the girl coming up to him. Ferdinand felt the heat rising up his cheeks, and his heart starting to beat a mile a minute. She was truly stunning. In comparaison, he couldn't help but feel underdressed. He wondered if it was her regal appearance or her beauty that was mesmerizing him so, but whatever it was, it set his heart fluttering.

They joined one another halfway. Noticing him staring at her, with amazement, made her flustered, "D-Do I look alright?"
She quickly spun around to show of her dress. It was a white gown, with frills, and a white ribbon at the back.

He chuckled, "Alright would be an understatement! Here I stood, thinking to myself how you could not possibly look anymore lovely, yet here you stand before me in such an exquisite gown, and I cannot seem to help but think how radiant you look," he offered his hand, "My dearest, May I have the honor of being your prince this evening?"

(Y/N) smiled and nodded. And, before she knew it, they were on the dance floor, waltzing to the music in the background.

Their hands intertwined, moving left, right, forward, the dance practice with the professor was truly paying off. Every step she took, every movement accompanied with such elegance and grace, left him speechless, while her lovely features, accentuated by the sweet expression she bore left him breathless; Ferdinand was truly smitten, love struck. So much, that he would misstep and trip over his two feet, earning a chuckle from his partner.

The whole night, (Y/N) truly felt like a princess from the fairytales. Although she never dealt well with praise and compliments, the attention and love she was being showered with by her lover, made her feel special inside. This was Ferdinand's chance to show of his heart of gold, his amorous feelings for (Y/N). Although all of this was lovely indeed, (Y/N) felt a hint of guilt in her heart every time he was acting so courteous, and so she would ask him every few minutes if he was alright, or if he needed something. Liking the idea of being the center of Ferdinand's attention was not a reason for her to not show concern; this was also his date, after all!