Laslow X Corrin- Avoidance (Request)

Request: @kaorusgf
Genre: Pinch of fluff towards the end
Warnings:
Word count: 995
Gender: Female
Additional Info: None

You, @kaorusgf, are a man of culture. Thank you for requesting Laslow, the number one character.
Anyways, enjoy!

It came to Laslow's attention that Princess Corrin, whenever he came anywhere near her, would always find a way to get out of there before he even had the chance to set his eyes on her.

It had gotten to a point, where his mere presence in the same, even if filled with other people, would lead to her fleeing the scene.

It puzzled Laslow. At first, he thought it was a mere coincidence. Perhaps some duty called her. She was a busy person after all, being a princess and all. He was sure of it, so he tried not to think much of it.

But it became so frequent, that at some point, he had to ask himself if it was something. If it had anything to do with him, after all.

He tried to talk to her, with people around (so not to startle her). He even tried to approach her, but the results were the same. She'd make up a quick excuse and leave, face hidden. Why? He wasn't sure.

And this occurrence only took place with him. With the others, Corrin acted completely naturally! And it pained him so much, because why did it have to be him?

Perhaps she hated him? And simply did not want to be seen with him? But it didn't seem right, although nothing else seemed to fit.

Why would she hate him? Back when Corrin wouldn't avoid him, it never seemed that Corrin was sick of him or didn't like him. So what changed all of a sudden?

~~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~~

Fine. Corrin had to admit it. She had a crush on Laslow, her brother's retainer.

It was all so sudden. One day, he was a simple friend, and the next, she couldn't dare look his way, let alone talk to him. So she'd flee whenever he'd come near her.

She was scared that she'd embarrass herself in front of him. She, who was always so comfortable around him before, changed to become to embarrass to even look his way.

Besides, this was perhaps a simple crush that would go away. All she had to do was not be with him until it was over.

~~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~~

Laslow had enough of trying to get Corrin to talk to him. It was of no use. So he thought it best to consult someone about it. Someone preferably close to the princess.

~~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~~

"Lady Camilla, may I speak with you for a moment? I promise I won't take too much of your time."

"Whatever do you need Laslow?"

Camilla was surprised to see Laslow so serious for once.

"I would like to ask you something about your sister, Princess Corrin. Do you mind?"

"Of course I don't mind talking our dear Corrin! But you seem so stern! Come in," she invited him to come in and sit down in front of her.

"I've had this feeling for a while... About the princess, and I simply wanted to make sure. To get rid of my doubts," he started.

"What feeling?" She frowned, concerned.

"The princess keeps avoiding me, whenever I try to talk to her, or whenever I even try to approach her, and it saddens me! Because... Milady, don't get mad, but I love her! There I said it! I love her but she keeps avoiding me! And, for Goddess' sake, I think she hates me-"

Lady Camilla broke into laughter, and Laslow, who had just confessed, was so bashful and nervous that when he saw her like that, he wanted to disappear.

"W-Why are you laughing?" He almost exclaimed.

"Oh, darling! You're so sweet! You didn't know?"

"Know what?"

After finally composing herself, she reached out for his hand, "Corrin loves you! But she's just too embarrassed to be near you so she just... leaves! But she loves you very much. Oh, she'll be so happy to hear you!"

"Don't tell her anything! I beg of you! I would like to be the one to tell her..."

~~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~~

After days of trying, Laslow finally got Corrin to speak to him.

He told her it was important and that she needed to hear him out. He brushed of her excuses and told her it was going to be quick.

"I need to tell you something. I promise you I'll make it quick."

She sighed, and was already blushing. He now could read the signs: the way she was holding herself, her blushing. It all made sense to him now. Maybe she did love him.

"What is it, Laslow?"

"I... I love you," he blurted out. Might as well do it and get rid of what was weighing on him.

"I-I'm sorry?" She stuttered, incredulous.

"I love you, milady," he blurted out, "It's all moving so fast, I'm so sorry- But I just had to let it out, because... And your sister, Lady Camilla, she told me-"

"She told you?" She exclaimed, embarrassed, "It was supposed to be a secret! You asked her if I had a crush on you?"

"No! No, princess. I simply asked her about the reason you were avoiding me," he awkwardly chuckled, "I thought you hated me."

For a moment they stood quiet, until (Y/N) embraced him.

"I'm so sorry..."

Surprised and a little embarrassed, Laslow awkwardly rested his hands on her back.

"About what?"

"About the avoiding and everything... I don't hate you. I was just so embarrassed- I didn't want to look stupid in front of you, so I avoided you. I shouldn't have done that," she sighed, "But I did it because I love you, but you already know that."

"I do but," he blushed, "I'd love for you to say it again."

She softly smiled, looking up at him. She smiled back, "I love you Laslow."

"I love you too."