Female!Robin X Reader- She's gone (Request)

SPOILER ALERT FOR FE AWAKENING

Hey guys!
Finally finished this request!
It was kind of hard to write but I did it! I'm really, really bad at writing angst- like really bad. I have a very good friend who writes such good angst, and like- compared to her, my angst is literal trash. This is the reason why is stick to fluff lmao.
Anyways, this was requested by Wolfnonymous !
Enjoy!

She was gone. Robin was actually gone.

The tactician she loved so much was gone- disappeared.

Would she ever come back? Would she? This question haunted her daily, but the same answer would always resurface.

'She will. I'm sure of it. She'll come back. She'll come back tomorrow. I just have to wait a little longer...'

Every single day, she would close herself off from the rest of the world, in her private quarters.

And when she actually came outside, it was only to eat with the others at the mess hall. But for her, these short lived moments outside were never meant to socialize, but only to eat what she needed to eat so she could then spend the rest of the day back in her room.

Her comrades had started to notice (Y/N)'s decaying mood. The usual peppy young girl was gone, now replaced with a pale (Y/N), with bags under her eyes, and red, puffy eyes.

These red puffy eyes haunted them and shattered their hearts. She had been crying again- crying over Robin's disappearance.

Her comrades tried to do their best and comfort her, by bringing her gifts, consoling her, trying to strike up conversations- but it was of no use, her state never seemed to improve, and each start of a conversation led to a dead end.

They hoped that after a few months, she would feel better and try and move on like the others did- but she didn't.

But at some point, they gave up. It was of no use to try any further.

When (Y/N) wasn't in her room crying or thinking about wether or not Robin would come back, she would pray- pray for her loved one to come back.

And as she told herself the same prayers she told herself each morning and night, her thoughts couldn't help but wander back to wether or not Robin could actually, possibly come back.

She had tried asking once or twice for the others' opinion, but they would always answer her the same way- with a sort of awkward glance.

They all thought the same thing- but didn't dare to actually answer her straightforwardly- that Robin was dead, and that she would never come back.

At first, everyone was just like (Y/N)- still hopeful that their dear tactician would come back. It wasn't like she had died, she had just disappeared... right?

But with each passing month, their hopes vanished, replaced with a void.

But, (Y/N)- she didn't loose hope, and a small part of her still held onto the possibility that her loved one could come back- or so she tried to make herself believe.

She tried her best to push away these thoughts that told her that Robin was dead and that she would never come back. She tried to lock them away, but somehow, she always failed to fight them back.

'She will come back. She will come back. I know it. Robin would never leave me alone. She never would.'

But as much as she tried to to push away these negative thoughts, they would always come back to haunt her.

'She will come back. Robin will come back...'

As she told herself these words, (Y/N) was reminded of the times when she and Robin were together. The first time they met, the first time they held hands... Their first everythings.

With her warm, welcoming smile, Robin was always able to console the poor (Y/N) whenever she felt down... She's dead.

When (Y/N) found herself wounded from battle, Robin would always stay by her side, until she was able to stand up again... She's dead.

And the first time they kissed!... It was so magical. They were discussing strategies, and then they got closer... She's dead.

And at the Battle with Grima, it was the last time (Y/N) had physically seen Robin. She was now a mere memory, someone out of reach, someone far away.

Robin had given her a last smile and had promised her that she would come back.

"She's dead. She won't come back..."

(Y/N) had given up hope. What was the use of thinking that her loving tactician was coming back? She had waited long enough. It had all become clear now.

Robin was dead.