Hubert X Reader- A gift

More info: (F/N)= Family name
(E/C)= Eye color

Hey y'all!
So I was going through some random papers I found in my room and came across a Hubert Oneshot I wrote like a year ago. It was like 6 pages long and I read it and, it was all fine until the last two pages where it was pure cringe and cheesiness with an OOC Hubert.
My face throughout the whole thing was just 😐.
But, I rewrote the whole thing on my phone, and got rid of the cringe and cheesiness while also trying to make it fluffy... in a way?
Anyways, I hope you guys will like it.
Enjoy!

In the newly crowned emperor's office, Lady Edelgard was seated behind her large wooden desk, enjoying a nice cup of coffee Hubert had brewed for her, while her sinister servant was rearranging some large tomes on some of her shelves.

After a first sip of her coffee, Edelgard glanced at Hubert, "So then, I heard you have gotten engaged to (F/N)."

Hubert stopped from his movements, turning his head towards the emperor, a surprised look on his face, "How did you-"

A smirk on her face, the emperor waved her hand in the air, "It does not matter. Come sit down."

Hubert immediately obeyed, sitting down in front of the emperor.

He quickly tried to explain, "Lady Edelgard, forgive me for not telling you earlier, but as you can probably imagine, I wished to inform you of the news in a more adequate setting-"

"Hush now, Hubert, and let me speak."

Hubert looked down at the floor, quite ashamed of his behavior, "Yes... milady."

Edelgard took another sip of her coffee, "(Y/N) told me every single detail of your upcoming marriage and so on- And, as you probably know, you don't have much free time on your hands due to you being needed here, at the palace, most of time," The emperor put down her cup, resting her chin on her hand, "So I was thinking, instead of letting you leave the palace in a month, and making you come back after a week, maybe it is best, due to your present circonstances, to let you leave tomorrow and have a whole month off. What do you think, Hubert?"

Hubert was left speechless. He never thought he could ever have such an opportunity. Sure, if this opportunity had ever come a while back, he would have probably declined, but he had a lover now, a lover who was waiting for him back home, waiting impatiently for him to return. Now, he simply could not refuse. Oh, just thinking about it, he wondered how happy this would make (Y/N). He was happy.

Hubert showed a small smile, and nodded in approval, "I... I am at loss for words, your majesty. I thank you."

She chuckled, "After all you've done for me, for the empire, it's only natural you deserve a small break. And, (Y/N) is a good friend of mine, so this will make her quite happy as well."

"Yes, very. She will be beyond happy. I will be eternally grateful for you kindness, Lady Edelgard."

Edelgard smiled, "Consider this as a gift for you two."

The two stood silent, until Edelgard finally got up from her chair.

"Well then? What are you waiting for? Go and pack!"

Hubert quickly rose up his chair at her command, "Yes, of course."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day, Hubert was already on his day to the (F/N) Estate, while in a carriage that the emperor had ordered for him.

Hubert was beyond grateful for the gift he had given him, and was, even though he payed attention not to show it, very excited to visit his darling fiancée.