Byleth X Reader- The mother's lullaby (Request)

Request: @ZAWWE_TheWriter
Warnings: None
Word count: 352
Gender: Female
Additional Info: • Female!Mother!Byleth X Daughter!Reader

Enjoy!

Byleth felt the gentle tug of the covers wake her up from her slumber. She opened her eyes ever so slightly, then wide open when she fell upon a little figure in the night- her own daughter- sobbing uncontrollably, while her small arms desperately reached for her.

Byleth, shocked and confused, hurried to the toddler and pulled her on the bed, on her lap. She held her close to her, and began to make her sway, but (Y/N) did not seem any calmer.

"What happened? What's wrong?" The mother asked her all the questions a mother could ask. She wiped her daughter's tears of her face and looked at her with a worried frown.

The little girl mumbled something between sobs and hiccups- something Byleth couldn't really decipher, but she guessed that it was probably a nightmare, from how agitated the toddler was being.

"What can I do to make you feel better, dear?" She softly asked her little girl, and (Y/N) looked up at her with glossy eyes. She was about to tell her something but before long, she was sobbing uncontrollably again and buried her face in her mother's chest.

With a sigh, Byleth tried to think of something she could.

"How about a lullaby?"

And at the sound of that, (Y/N) wholeheartedly agreed and begged her mother to sing her something, but as soon as the pleads began, Byleth was beginning to regret her decision. She was terrible singer.

But still... Her daughter seemed so eager to hear one, that it was difficult for the professor to turn her down.

She began to sing an old tune- Her voice wasn't that good, but it didn't seem to bother (Y/N), who lay her head against her mother's chest again. She closed her eyes, and let herself be led by the song.

Finally, when Byleth was done singing, she could make out her daughter snoring softly. The woman smiled, and gently tucked her back in bed.

For a minute, she stared down at (Y/N) with a motherly smile, before going back to sleep. She was exhausted.