Dorothea X Reader- Beach day (Request)

Request: @Hitthereimyou12
Warnings: None
Genre: Fluff
Word count: 1285
Gender: Male

For once the fe3h game art I put on here makes a lot of sense to the story and isn't just a neutral face of a character lmao.
Like most of my works, I didn't check for any errors so sorry if there are any. Please ignore them.
Anyways,
Enjoy!

(Y/N) was an average student with average thoughts (I'm starting strong). Like most teenagers his age, he began developing a crush on someone. That someone found themselves to be Dorothea, one of his classmates. But, unlike most of his peers, (Y/N) was quite good at hiding his feelings for her. He acted naturally around her, spoke to her normally when necessary, but avoided her when possible, as to not make a fool of himself. Because, despite the cold exterior, inside, he was just a nervous wreck who would someday break and reveal its true form.

That day came quickly.

As a little reward for all the hard work the Black Eagle students had put into their work for the past few months, their professor had decided to give them a small break from the classroom and head to the beach for the day.

It got the students quite excited, as they immediately headed to the local shops to buy swimsuits and several items that could be useful to the beach.

The beach day was to be a very sunny day, with no wind, and warm enough for the students to bathe in the water and have fun on the sand without catching a cold- It was just the day they needed.

Like the other students, (Y/N) was also quite excited. He looked forward to the day and to some relaxation- He even bought himself a nice swimsuit and everything.

But, when at the shop, as soon as he spotted Dorothea on the other side, digging into some clothing racks, (Y/N)'s face grew pale.

He'd actually have to see his crush in a swimsuit.

It was definitely not something he wanted to see. It made him uneasy, and it would become so much more difficult to act natural around Dorothea dressed in such a way.

(Y/N) tried not to think much of it, but he couldn't help it. He became so flustered at the mere thought that (Y/N) immediately pushed the swimsuit he was looking at back on the rack and rushed to the exit.

"I'll just shop tomorrow. I'm not capable enough to do it right now... Gods, do I really have to go to the beach?"

~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~

Despite all excuses to get himself out of the trip, (Y/N) was ultimately forced to go by his professor, who thought it absolutely necessary for him to get some rest, as he was one of the students that needed it most.

'But don't they know that I can just relax at home?' He thought to himself on the way there. He dreaded the moment, and just couldn't wait to get back to his dorm room.

When they got there, (Y/N) did everything in his power to further himself from Dorothea. He knew that he'd make a fool of himself around her, and that his attitude would blow of his cover and she would immediately know what was up with him!

'And I'm definitely not ready for that to happen!'

When (Y/N) finally put on his swimsuit, he got himself a cocktail and sat down in a recluse spot in the shade, far enough away from his classmates.

When he found himself at last all by himself, (Y/N) smiled as he took a sip of his cocktail.

"Hey, (Y/N). You seem pretty lonely here, all by yourself. Is something wrong?"