Caspar X Reader- Buddies without pranks (Request)

Request: @Kitsunegoddes_Selkie
Warnings: None
Word count: 510
Pronouns: they/them
Additional Info: None

Enjoy!

Caspar loved doing stupid pranks and he always did them, in various kinds of ways. He'd sneak toys depicting weird animals next to the person in question, he'd put their belongings in jello (yes, Office reference), amongst other normal pranks. He'd go for the dumber, normal ones, thankfully.

"Boo!"

Caspar gently pushed them forward, to scare them. It was one of his tamest pranks.

But (Y/N) did not think of it that way.

They screeched so terribly, that Caspar was sure his ears would still hurt for a couple of days.

Noticing how insanely horrified they had become at such a stupid little prank, Caspar tried to apologize in the loudest way he could, but (Y/N) scurried off before she could hear him.

He was sure something awful would happen next. Why did he always have to be so stupid?

~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~

"Caspar," a terrible voice resonated from behind him.

When the boy turned around, he found Edelgard towering over him with her glare, while a meek (Y/N) stood behind their older sister.

"Y-Yes, Edelgard?" Caspar awkwardly called out, visibly nervous. The princess always meant business.

"Is it true?"

"True what?" He feigned ignorance.

"Is it true that you scared (Y/N)?"

"M... Maybe?" He meekly muttered, fidgeting.

"Well, I ask you to never do it again," Edelgard scolded, "(Y/N) came back in tears."

"Edelgard!" (Y/N) said, flushed and embarrassed.

"Oh, come on! It's not my fault they're such a baby!"

"Caspar," the princess sternly called out one last time, frowning even further.

The boy yelped and promised to never do it again. Seeing as her job was done here, Edelgard left, not without bidding farewell to her poor sibling.

Now, it was just (Y/N) and Caspar.

(Y/N) still seemed slightly shaken from the scare, but they looked at Caspar calmly and even with pity.

"I'm sorry," finally awkwardly said (Y/N). They were looking to be forgiven. Maybe having their sister intervene wasn't the best idea, but they had no one else to turn to!

"I'm sorry too, I guess," he muttered, "But why did you have to bring Edelgard in this? Come on! You know that I wouldn't do anything to hurt you! I was just pulling a prank on you!"

"She's my sister!" They retorted, "Besides, I don't like your pranks. They always scare me. So stop it. Please."

"Well, I'm sorry then. I'll never do it again," Caspar said against his will, a little disappointed. He loved pulling pranks. Being separated from them seemed impossible.

"I hope you don't mind that. I hope that we can still remain good friends even without the pranks," they said, "And I'm sorry about Edelgard. Maybe I shouldn't have told her to confront you."

"Yeah, you shouldn't have."

"But that's all in the past now, right? I hope it is," they gave him their hand, "Friends?"

"Buddies till the end, but without pranks," Caspar said and they shook hands, then spent the rest of the evening laughing about the prank and about Edelgard's frowns.