Dorothea X Reader- The dance (Request)

Request: @Hitthereimyou12
Warnings: None
Word count: 647
Gender: Male
Additional Info: None

Enjoy!

The dance was coming up soon. Oh, Goddess.

(Y/N) had been trying to do this for a while now- Ask out Dorothea, his crush.

He tried to think up all the ways he could ask her out. He had so many plan Bs, plans Cs, in case something went wrong. He was ready- apparently, because he didn't feel like it, really.

But he had to ask her out some day! It was now or never! (Y/N) didn't think about the dance and Dorothea every day just for him to not ask her out anymore. He wasn't a coward.

~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~

(Y/N) spent a couple of good minutes searching the monastery for Dorothea, but she was nowhere to be found.

This was hopeless. Maybe this was a sign for him to stop searching and just give up? No. She had to be somewhere.

Finally, when hope reached a new low for the boy, he found Dorothea, surrounded by her friends, but there were so many people, and she seemed to be having so much fun, that it felt to him that it was best not to bother her.

Disappointed and feeling dumb, (Y/N) stood there for a while, stupidly waiting for something to 'magically' happen, but the conversation kept on going. In the end, he left.

Dorothea, who was laughing, caught a glimpse of him leaving. She raised a brow confused.

~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~

(Y/N) sat down in the gardens and simply watched the other students chat and go about their day. He stared at them, lonely and disappointed in himself.

But he shouldn't be- Right? Maybe it was for the best.

Fate was definitely telling him something.

"(Y/N)?"

(Y/N) looked up from the crowd. Dorothea was actually there, in front of him.

Confused, he got up.

"Hum... Hey, Dorothea. Is everything okay?"

"Everything's okay, I suppose. I was just checking up on you. That's all," she furrowed her brows, "You didn't seem like yourself when I saw you."

"What are you talking about?"

"I saw you- When I was talking with some friends, but then you left. Were you looking for me?"

"You saw me!" He blushed, "I see. I- Yeah- I was looking for you, but everything's fine now, don't worry."

"You sure? It doesn't really seem like it. It seems like something's bothering you."

(Y/N) didn't dare to say anything. He simply blushed- Blushed hard enough for Dorothea to know that he was lying.

"(Y/N)?"

"The dance..." He started. She was being so persistent! How could he keep the act when his crush was being stubborn?

"Are you going with anyone?"

"The dance?" She smiled knowingly, "Are you trying to change the subject?"

"Not at all. No, it has everything to do with the dance."

"Are you going with someone?"

What a lovely way to avoid the question. (Y/N) sighed.

"No."

Dorothea smiled, "That's good. Does that mean that you'd be willing to go to the dance? With someone?"

"It depends who it is, but at this point..." He remained awkwardly quiet.

"I'd like to go to the dance with you, (Y/N)."

And (Y/N) had to rethink that last sentence.

"I'm sorry?" He quietly said, frowning. He knew he heard it, but it just needed to be said again.

"I would like to go with you. At the dance," she simply said. She walked up closer to him, "Would you like to?"

"I would love to."

The words left his mouth so mechanically that afterwards, (Y/N) blushed, disappointingly contemplating how fast the words came out.

But Dorothea did not seem to mind it. In fact, it relieved her. She smiled brightly.

"Good. I'll see you then, (Y/N)."

Dorothea then left, leaving (Y/N) still in shock at what had just happened. Even when he was brought back to his senses, the boy still couldn't believe it.