Lysithea X Reader- Mature (Request)

Request: @Mahdytepig
Warnings: None
Genre: ._.
Word count: 1019
Gender: Male
Additional info: Shy! Healer/Cleric!

I'm on a roll you guys- I haven't written this many oneshots so fast in what seems like an eternity lmao. You probably know this already but I never really proof read my oneshots so sorry for the couple of mistakes you might see.
Anyways, enjoy!

It was the first time in months that Lysithea had gotten wounded in battle, no matter how difficult it was to believe it.

Lysithea was swift and strategic enough to avoid getting hit. Every single move of hers was well thought out and planned up ahead, yet, for once, a soldier finally managed to hit her where it hurt, causing her a wound.

This led to Lysithea's admission into the infirmary.

She laid in a medical bed, in a small room all by herself, flushed from the embarrassment of the previous hit. The mere thought of it made her boil.

"How immature of me... Getting wounded to such a degree! In a battle like this!"

Lysithea went on with her torments, until a meek cleric came in with medical supplies.

He seemed no older than her- barely a year at most.

He was actually also a student at the academy, but from a different house, and he was far too shy and quiet for anyone outside of his class to know. By name, Lysithea didn't know him either, but she had seen the boy run around the academy with medical supplies, rushing to anyone in need. He was one of the students who volunteered at the infirmary- So she had heard.

"Oh, I haven't seen you around here before... You are...?" He meekly asked, as began taking out his supplies.

"Lysithea. And you are?"

"(Y/N)," he smiled softly. His tone was much softer than Lysithea's.

As he approached Lysithea's wound, his expression turned grim and his face became pale.

"Goddess! How did this happen?"

Lysithea became beet red, "It's an embarrassing story- You don't need to know!" He stayed quiet, "Go on! Do something!"

(Y/N) did not object. He simply set a wet towel on the wound and began cleansing it.

"There's nothing embarrassing in getting hurt, you know... It happens all the time. It's only natural. Battles come with the wounds- It's like a package," the analogy was funny to him but Lysithea was not laughing. He went back to work.

"It is avoidable. If you're mature enough, then you can always avoid getting hurt. Like I usually do."

"It's not a question of maturity... Some of our regulars are some of the most mature and wise people I've ever seen!"

Lysithea scoffed, "I bet I'm more mature than most of them!"

(Y/N) did not retort, instead leaving the girl to her fantasies while he continued to take care of the girl's wound in silence.

~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~

The next day, (Y/N) came back in Lysithea's infirmary room, a couple of books in his arms.

"How long am I to stay here?"

(Y/N) grabbed a chair and sat down next to Lysithea's bed, "Manuela said a couple of days, but it really depends on how you're feeling."

"I'm feeling completely fine. Can't I just leave now?"

The boy chuckled as he made himself comfortable, "I'm afraid it doesn't work like that, Lysithea," he set his books on his lap, "But, until then, I brought some books to kill time. I can read you something- We've got Princess Shareza, Dawn's warrior-"

"I can read on my own, you know! Give me those!" Lysithea scolded, reaching for the books.

Without retort, (Y/N) meekly handed her the books.

As Lysithea flicked through each story, her face grew more and more offended.

"These are for children!"

"They're the only ones we've got around here.."

Children's books were quite popular at the infirmary. Children read those, sure, but patients from all age grouped enjoyed being read to, for the most part. It reminded them of simpler times and of their early childhood.

"Can't you bring me something more mature from the library?"

"I can try... If you really want me to..."

(Y/N) got up from his chair and awkwardly left the room.

~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~

(Y/N) had actually been kind enough to bring Lysithea the books she wanted. Although they weren't exactly Lysithea's usual novels, they were better than the children's books he had brought last time- To her.

But, despite it all, Lysithea had soon come to realize how terrible and childish her behavior had been. She wondered how the boy was able to endure it for all those days- It must have been dreadful. She acted like a spoiled brat and Lysithea wanted to apologize.

It wasn't like she hadn't gotten the chance to. He came in every day, as per usual, but the boy's cold and reserved nature intimated her. He was definitely angry at her, and so she kept quiet and said nothing.

But Lysithea was determined to ask for his forgiveness today.

(Y/N) came in that day, as per usual, and took care of her wound, in the usual cold silence. He did not even dare look at her, let alone talk to her.

"(Y/N)..."

Reluctantly, the healer looked up from the wound.

"I... I hope you can forgive me- About last time."

"It's alright," he replied coldly, bandaging the wound in hurried and harsh movements.

"I really mean it. I acted out like a child, and on someone so undeserving of it too- You're too nice to me."

"I'm just doing my job."

"Yes, but still. You could always object and shout and be rude to me, but you aren't. You never are. It's as if you're above it all, untouchable. I wish I were more like you... Less foolish and more mature when it comes to situations like this one," Lysithea confessed, ashamed.

For the first time that week, (Y/N) smiled.

Lysithea raised a brow, confused, "What? Why are you smiling like that?"

"It's your apology. I believe that you're finally getting somewhere... You know," his smile grew even wider, "You're actually becoming mature."

Her eyes widened, "Really? I am? As mature as you?"

(Y/N) blushed lightly, "Oh, I'm not that mature, you know, so maybe I'm not the best judge of it. But I'm sure that you'll get there someday, soon enough," he quickly rethought his words, "No- Both of us will, if we try hard enough, that is."