Leo X Reader- Little by little (Request)

Request: @byleth-fe
Genre: Fluff
Warnings: None
Word count: 761
Gender: Female
Additional Info: None

Made this a little longer than expected but I'm not mad about it. I really like Leo, I think he's the best character from royalty in Fates alongside Takumi obv.
Anyways, enjoy!

For both Leo and (Y/N), everything seemed to be moving so fast.

It seemed like barely yesterday, they were good friends and comrades, and that two hours ago, Leo had asked (Y/N) if he could court her, and she said yes.

It had been a week since they had started dating, and neither of them knew what to expect or what to do really. They were happy and loved each other, but other than that, they were clueless.

Leo would sometimes ask in secret his brother and sister for some advice about what he could do with her, but none of their suggestions really fit her. (Y/N) wasn't into anything too fancy. She was a rather simple person. What to do then?

~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~

"Is something wrong Leo? You don't look so well."

The two of them were in his room, seated on his couch,

"Me? I'm fine, thank you. I'm just thinking," Leo said, seemingly lost in thought.

"About?"

"Nothing important, I promise you," he went back to his book.

"Alright. Well, if you need anything, tell me, alright?" She kindly spoke.

"I will."

~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~

Later the next day, Leo came to (Y/N)'s room and asked for her. When she opened, she was quite happy to see him.

"Leo! You seem happier than usual."

He did. For once, he seemed quite happy, even proud of himself, but the reason why was unknown to her.

"May I take you out tonight? I'd like to take you somewhere. I think you'll like it."

She blushed, wondering what it was, "I would love to Leo..."

"Great," his smile widened, "See you tonight."

~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~

"Can I know where you're taking me?"

"Somewhere very special, I promise," Leo said, leading her by the arm on an unknown trail. They had been on a walk for an hour already, and they were in some kind of park.

When she realized where they were, she gasped, "I know this place! It's that park I've been telling you about!"

(Y/N) let go off him and ran off to see some flowers. There were so many of them- So many different colors and shapes! It was all very beautiful,

"You remembered!" She exclaimed, as he came towards.

"Of course I did. What do you think I'm doing while you go on and on about your favorite things?"

"People don't usually remember things like that, I guess," she muttered.

"Well, I'm not just anyone. I'm your boyfriend," he rested his hand on her shoulder, smiling at her, "I even tried to do some... research on that park you were talking about and what you could there."

She chuckled. He was always so serious, "It's quite simple, really."

He softly smiled, grabbing her hand, "Why don't you show me?"

At those words, her eyes lit up, and as soon as they began walking around, (Y/N) started to give him a tour of the park. She had read so many things about it and its inhabitants. She knew it by heart.

It was quite a large park, so at some point, (Y/N) was a little too tired to continue. So was Leo but he didn't know how to bring it up.

"Let's postpone the rest to another day, then. It's getting late anyway."

"Sounds good to me," she said, but she was interrupted by a yawn.

As the two of them made their way back home, (Y/N) reached out for his arm and rested her head on his shoulder.

"Thank you Leo. This was so nice," she looked at him, "Tomorrow, I'll take you out somewhere too. Like that, we can take turns taking each other out."

He lightly chuckled, "That would be one way to do it."

"I must confess, it's very hard... This whole dating thing. I've never dated before," when he looked back at her, she immediately went back to saying, "But I want to do it of course! It's just not what I'm used to, but we'll find a way. I know we will."

"Of course we will."

"Like all those who dated before us."

He smiled, "Sure. Like all those who dated before us. I've never dated either. You know that. So I suppose that makes the two of us. But like you just said," he stopped in his tracks to look at her, "Little by little, it'll get easier. You trust me right?"

"Of course. I trust you and you trust me. We'll make it work. I just know we will. I love you Leo."

"I love you too (Y/N)."