Dimitri X Reader- Distracted (Request)

Hey y'all!
Back at it again with another request! It's been a while since I wrote for Dimitri, so it's nice to see someone request him!
This was requested by @Fem-Ganymede!
Enjoy!

"You don't know how happy it makes me that you came to see me to hear my strategy for our next battle!" (Y/N) spoke excitedly, as she pulled out a large strategy book from her bag.

Dimitri smiled kindly, "I'm all ears, (Y/N). Show me what you've got for us."

As she opened the book, she skimmed through it, until she found the page she was looking for.

"Alright, so I was cleaning the library with Annette the other day, until I fell upon this strategy book- It must of been new to the library collection since I had never seen it before. I skimmed through it a little, and found some really fascinating strategies that I had never read in any book before! Usually, most strategy books talk about the same strategies but in a different manner. It gets really annoying after a while, so I was thinking, why not try out some of these strategies on our next mission and see if they work? And if they do, we can use them against the other Houses at the Battle of the Eagle and Lion! How does that sound, Prince?"

With his head, resting on his palm, Dimitri's thoughts were starting to wander to something else- something more important. All of a sudden, he got more distracted lately, which was something the professor had noticed.

Not only was (Y/N) a very smart individual, who, despite her similar fate of having to be wed to a nobleman, was an avid lover of strategies, and she was also beautiful. Very much so. And sometimes, the Prince would find himself distracted and stare at her instead of listening.

"Prince?" (Y/N) repeated in concern.

"Hm?" Finally, Dimitri snapped back into reality, and tried his best to make it seem like she had listened to her, "Whatever you say, it sounds wonderful! I trust you, (Y/N)."

A bit suspicious of his behavior at first, (Y/N) threw him a skeptical glance, but chose to believe him, and went on.

"Alright, so as I was saying... These books hold great strategies, so why not show them to you? You can then tell me your opinion afterwards," she skimmed a bit throughout there book and stopped at another page, "This is the first strategy I thought was interesting. This is more aimed for attacks in the desert, but if we make a few changes, I'm sure it could work for us, and..."

What she said after that was a blur for him, since Dimitri soon enough found himself getting distracted again by (Y/N), instead of actually focusing on the strategies she was so intently explaining to him.

His mouth agape, he stared at her in awe. To him, she was the most beautiful student, if not person, in the whole world- Screw Sylvain and his obsession with the professor. (Y/N) was the real deal.

Her beautiful, (H/C) framed her gorgeous face perfectly, and her warm (E/C) seemed so enticing, and-

"So, Prince Dimitri? What do you think?"

Yet again, at the sound of the subtle change in tone, the blond prince snapped out of his thoughts, and back into reality, where (Y/N) didn't love him, and was instead explaining to him strategies.

"Huh? Oh, I think it's wonderful! Fascinating! I find it all fascinating. Please, continue?"

(Y/N) gave him a perplexe look, "My prince, I'm already finished."

Dimitri's cheeks turned a subtle pink. Had he been staring for that long?

"Oh! I see," he let out an awkward cough, "Very well. Thank you for your input, (Y/N). I'm sure your opinion will be of much help to us- May I have the strategy book? I would like to take a look at it myself tonight, if that's alright with you."

The girl nodded fervently and handed him the book without questioning, "Please! It's yours to go through. Just make sure to hand it back to the library before Monday."

"Yes. I will make sure to do as you say, (Y/N)," getting up from his chair, Dimitri gave her a short bow, threw her a swift goodbye and barged out of the library.

When she was finally alone, she let out a large sigh and rested her head on her palm, 'He acted so oddly today... Did I do something? He seemed so distracted,' She let out another sigh, 'I hope he's alright...'

As soon as Dimitri went back to his dorm room, he sat at his desk, opened the strategy book and started to read the large book.

'The book is awfully large, but I have to read it all if I want to actually know what she has been talking about and don't want to look like a fool in front of her... The consequences I have to face for not having listened to her...'

And so, he dived into the large strategy book, as he mentally cursed at himself for being a fool and staring at his comrade in awe, instead of listening to her talk about strategies...