Anna X Reader- Rivals (Request)

Request: @VividElucidator
Warnings: None
Genre: Idk lmao
Word count: 903
Gender: Male

Not me writing a request about something I just did a test on, I- Competition between markets (I think that's how you say it in English) 💀 I got a 75 and honestly I'm fine with it because me and economy- Not a love story lmao.
Anyways, enjoy!

It was a well known fact that Anna and (Y/N) were rivals, one of the most competitive on the market.

They had been competing against each other for years, ever since (Y/N) installed his shop in front of Anna's. Because of the two shops selling similar products for similar prices, it was only natural that a rivalry would come to life.

The two rivals did everything in their power to try and up each other, and maybe, even try to put the other one out of business, thus, perhaps furthering profits.

It was profitable and it was slightly fun- Okay, it was a lot of fun. Despite their rivalry, and the snarky remarks they'd throw at each other which came with it, the two of them liked each other. Well, Anna had never realized it before, until the man whose shop was in front of hers went out of business.

It all started with a rumor, a small one, that (Y/N) had been selling supplies and weapons to the enemy. But it then spread across the country, and so, by petition, (Y/N) had to take down his shop.

At first, Anna was proud and secretly quite happy. She was finally safe from anyone taking her place and she could finally be at peace.

But, as time passed by, Anna realized that she was beginning to miss (Y/N), whom, despite the rivalry, she considered as a good friend. Outside of their business, outside of the rivalry facade, they were kind to each other and friends. Anna missed him, and it only became more and more evident by the day, no matter how hard she tried to forget him.

Finally, Anna took the decision to confront someone about it. It would be best if it were someone important, like Lady Rhea- The more important, the better. No matter what it took! Annas were never ones to back down from a challenge.

Anna decided to march towards Lady Rhea's office, determined to get the man back.

"And who do you think you are, marching around like this? Where do you think you're going?"

Anna, quite surprised, turned around at the speed of light, only to find herself face to face with Lady Rhea's stoic right hand man, Seteth himself. He seemed suspicious and strict, like many described him to be.

"To Lady Rhea's of course! I have some important matters to discuss with her."

"You must think quite highly of yourself to just barge in like this. It's not allowed. You're going to have to leave."

Seteth was about to call some soldiers to escort Anna out, but she was quick to interject.

"It's important! Very! And if Lady Rhea won't hear me out, then I guess you'll do!"

Seteth paused for a moment, before sighing.

"Make it quick."

"See, there's this merchant whose business went down a couple of weeks ago. He was wrongly accused of something he didn't do: supplying the enemy! Can you imagine? I've known this man for as I can remember. I have been by his side always, and never has he seemed suspicious to me.. And we are rivals, so I do not speak as a friend here, but more as a... speaker of truth!"

Seteth furthered his frown, but it more from confusion than anything, "Why would you want him to come back then? You two are not friends."

"Profit, obviously," Anna smirked.

"Right," Seteth sighed and unsure of what to do, he finally replied, "I'll see for his return, if you wish it so badly. I'll talk about to Rhea and we'll see what we can do. These types of issues are easily solvable."

"Oh, thank you, Seteth! I knew you could do anything you set your mind to!"

~~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~~

A couple of weeks had passed by since Anna had talked to Seteth, and she was beginning to lose all hope of (Y/N)'s return. Did Rhea actually do anything to help? If it was the case, then she'd need to seek Seteth again, or try to get it through to Lady Rhea by seeing her in person.

That was until Anna noticed someone settling down on (Y/N)'s old spot, where his shop used to be.

Anna, curious, approached the workers and asked them about the new shop owner's identity.

"Haven't you heard? That old merchant's coming back! I thought he'd never, honestly."

Anna was quite shocked that it had all worked out in the end, and was honestly quite excited to see (Y/N) actually come back a couple of days later, filling his old she leaves with new products.

Anna came to see him, all smiles.

They looked at each other fondly, before she patted him on the back like they were good old friends, separated for a long time.

"I really missed you, old pal! I thought I'd never see you again!"

"Well, it's all thanks to Lady Rhea, really, he chuckled, relieved, "She's the one who finally killed off all the rumors. I wonder what brought her to do it, anyway."

Anna winked, slight mischief in her eyes. She decided to lie, for the sake of it, leaving it all to the man's imagination.

"Probably someone who missed you- A lot. And here I thought that I'd finally have all the coin for the rest of my days! Oh well, it's good to have you back, buddy."