Mercedes X Reader- Tea party with the new girl

As the title says, (Y/N) is the new student. And, before you read this, at some point in the oneshot, you're going to see (H/N). That stands for 'House Name'. That's all I have to say.
Enjoy!

(Y/N) was a new student at the academy, and was going to study as a Blue Lions student.

When Professor Byleth first introduced her to the class, (Y/N) appeared as this quiet, and extremely shy girl. She talked sure, but rarely, and only when necessary. She wouldn't run away like Bernadetta, but she wouldn't befriend everyone like Annette would.

Mercedes felt bad for her. She looked so lonely. If this continued, she'd stay alone for the rest of the year, and she didn't want that.

When the lecture of the day was finally over, and everyone had already left the room, Mercedes spotted (Y/N) picking up her books in complete silence, in one of the corners of the classroom.

'Maybe this is the right time to speak with ber,' She thought.

Mercedes approached her, and waved a friendly hello, "Hello! You must be (Y/N), right?"

(Y/N) quietly replied, almost sounding like a mutter, "H-Hello. Yes, that's me..." she slightly blushed, as her gaze drifted to the ground, "I-I'm sorry, but I don't remember your name..."

The poor thing was so overwhelmed by the girl in front of her that she had forgotten her classmate's name...

Mercedes chuckled, "It's alright. It's only natural that you haven't grasped my name yet, since you're new here. I'm Mercedes, but everyone calls me Mercie."

The girl smiled shyly, "I-It's a very beautiful name."

"Why, thank you! Yours is very lovely as well."

"T-Thank you."

The blonde girl smiled, "Tell me, since the lectures for the day are over, what are you up to?"

"Oh, w-well, I was planning on going back to my room and do my homework, then probably grab my dinner later and eat it back in my room."

"Ah, I see. So that's why no one really sees you after class is over."

"I-I suppose."

"(Y/N), I just bought some tea at the market, and I've been dying to try it out ever since the seller told me how exquisite it tastes. I even made some biscuits to accompany the tea! Would you like to join me? It would make me very delighted!"

(Y/N)'s cheeks took in a rosy color, "Huh? T-Tea? With you? When? Where?"

"I was thinking today, at the gazebo. The weather is nice today. It would o be shame not to enjoy it," Mercedes smiled, "So? What do you say?"

"I-I... Yes! I-I would love to, if that's alright!..."

Mercedes brought up her hand to her mouth, chuckling, "Of course it's alright! I wouldn't have asked if I didn't want you to come! I'm very glad you agreed- Shall we go then?"

(Y/N) nodded, "We shall- just let me grab the rest of my books."

She was grinning like an idiot, completely red faced.

When (Y/N) finally picked up all of her books, she and Mercedes headed to the gazebo.

"Wait- don't we need to grab your cookies and the tea first?"

"That won't be necessary, I already have them with me," she waved in front of (Y/N) a small basket, covered with a handkerchief. A wonderful smell came out of it, which got (Y/N) excited.

"D-Don't we need hot water for tea as well?"

Mercedes stopped from her tracks, "Ah, yes! I've forgotten all about the hot water," she turned her head to (Y/N), "Can you be a dear and bring some for us from the dining hall? Here, take the tea pot."

"O-Oh, of course!" The young student carefully took the teapot in her hands.

(Y/N) ran the other way toward the dining hall, asked the dining hall lady for some hot water, then ran back at the gazebo, where Mercedes was already setting up the tea cups with their respcetive saucers on the table.

"I-I'm... back!" (Y/N) spoke, out of breath.

Mercedes turned around, "Are you alright? You look really out of breath."

"I-I'm fine- here's the tea pot with hot water," she blushed, smiling shyly, "I-I'm just so excited... No one's ever invited me to a tea party before..."

"Really? We'll have to do it more often then!"

(Y/N) let out an asked chuckle, as she placed the tea pot on the table, "I-I suppose- I-I mean- that would be lovely..."

The strawberry blonde girl chuckled. She couldn't help but think that the new girl was really cute.

The two students sat down at the table, then Mercedes finally took out a plate of biscuits with the most wonderful smell (Y/N) ever smelled, almost making her salivate.

She then proceeded to take some tea leaves out of the basket and put them in the tea pot with the hot water. Afterwards, she proceeded to pour the hot liquid in each of their cups.

"There. Let's try it!"

"Alright," (Y/N) brought the tea to her lips, but her tongue was immediately burned by the hotness of the tea, "Argh- h-hot, hot!

"Oh, be careful, (Y/N)!"

(Y/N) put the tea back down.

"How about we have a little chat until the tea gets colder?"

"Oh, alright, s-sure."

"So, you come from House (H/N), yes?"

"Y-Yes."

"How was life there?"

"It was nice and quiet. I am grateful I got to live with a loving family."

Mercedes smiled, "How wonderful- tell me more!"

"Oh, hum, well, first of all..."

The conversation continued, and continued, (Y/N) opening up little by little. After that, the conversation got so lively that the two girls had almost forgotten about the tea and biscuits, leaving them cold (RIP).

I hope this was readable :)