Dimitri X Reader- Finally safe (Request)

Request: @byleth-fe
Genre: VERY light angst/Comfort
Warnings: None
Word count:1118
Gender: Female

I wrote this so darn fast... I'm going crazy and I'm definitely running away from studying for my upcoming tests.
Enjoy!

"I'm glad I finally got the chance to talk to about this, professor. This was an eye opening session," Dimitri told the professor, as they just walked out of a strategy meeting.

"Well, Dimitri. I'm just glad we got it all sorted out for the battle to come."

"Yes, thank you, professor. Now that I think about it, perhaps I should head to the library and see if they have some other works on strategy. Farewell, professor. If you'll excuse me."

Dimitri bowed and left, heading to the library, when he heard some noise coming from down the hallway.

~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~

"Filthy commoner! This place is for nobles only! You aren't even allowed here!"

"You should just go back! You're making the rest of us look like trash!"

"You dress up like some beggar... Get lost!"

Some older students were shouting and screaming in a corner, hitting something with their feet.

They were loud and terrible- Dimitri would have none of it.

He immediately rushed to them.

"What in the Goddess' name do you think you're doing? Have you no shame?" He scolded. The boys turned around and became meek when facing the prince.

Dimitri shoved them to the side, and was stunned to find one of his dearest classmates, (Y/N), curled up in a corner, teary eyed and trembling.

As soon as he saw her, Dimitri's face became red- Red with fury, with disgust.

When he offered his hand to the girl, she immediately agreed. Finally an escape.

(Y/N) trusted Dimitri. She pressed against him, hoping that the boy could help her get away from the bullies.

"Treating someone like this... Haven't your parents and tutors taught you better then to act so lowly? Hitting and insulting others... You should be disgusted, revolted at yourselves! And for what? For something that one cannot help but being? I'll have you reported to the professors and seek as all of you get the punishment you deserve."

The students said nothing. They didn't have time to say anything. Dimitri brought her close to him and rushed out of that hallway, outside.

(Y/N) burst into sobs- Sobs of relief but also of fright, of sadness... She was feeling so much at the same time. Nothing made sense anymore.

"I... I'm so sorry... For all of this. I... They came... and... And- I was too frightened to do anything against them- They seemed so strong! And I couldn't help but... but-"

It was difficult for her to make out clear sentences- She was sobbing and breathing harshly.

"I'm weak! It's horrible! I hate it!" She cried out.

Dimitri dragged her in a corner, away from the crowd, resting his hands on her shoulders.

"(Y/N)... You have nothing to apologize for. This isn't your fault but theirs. They had no business walking up to you and treating you in such a way," Dimitri said. He was frowning, but his voice was comforting, yet brutal. She had never heard him like this before.