Hubert X Reader- Confession at a Wedding (Request)

More info: Hubert X Male!Reader (with a hint of Fem!Byleth X Edelgard)

Hey guys! Please ignore the bad title. I had no idea what else to call it- Anyways, I got two tests tomorrow, and I really should be studying but like, Hubert's more important lmao.
Anyways, this was requested by @Mr_Mokuri!
Enjoy!

As the wedding was reaching its peak, Hubert watched the newly wed lovers, the professor and the Emperor dance in the middle of the crowd, happiness upon their faces, without a care in the world. They danced and danced, without even noticing the guests stare at them in awe.

As much as Hubert hated to admit it; it was beautiful. What he was witnessing, this dance shared between lovers, seemed straight out of a fairytale, a fairytale with a happy ending.

As he watched the pair dance, on the sidelines, he tried to feel happy for his Emperor, but something within him stopped him from doing that, and instead overcame him with sadness and, even jealousy, making his heart hurt for the first time in a long time.

He wished he had what the emperor had, terribly so. During the war, he didn't have any time for such frivolous things, and he still didn't have enough time, even after the war, but still, deep inside, he wished he had what Eldergard had: someone who'd love him back, and in the general, just have love in his life.

It was out of character, it was true, but, well, he was sick of being alone.

But unfortunately, the person he has developed feelings for seemed so out of his league...

"Au! Hubert, there you are! I was looking for you!" Shouted a man from behind him.

Hubert turned his head to the side, "Ferdinand?"

The ginger prime minister smiled, as he rested his hand on Hubert's shoulder, "I was wondering where you went off to, so as soon as I spotted you among the crowd, I knew I had to come by," he chuckled, "You were hidden very well, on the sidelines- like some vampire from the old tales!"

Hubert brushed Ferdinand's hand off his shoulder. He gritted his teeth, "Keep your silly remarks to yourself, Ferdinand."

"Alright, alright."

Seeing Hubert look so intently at the dancing couple, with a look in his eyes he had never seen his former classmate ever have, intrigued Ferdinand, and so he broke the silence once more, "Hum, Hubert?"

The tall, dark haired man snapped out of his thoughts. He spat out in annoyance, "What?"

"Hubert, you just seem... down- Is everything alright?"

Hubert narrowed his eyes, looking down at the prime minister like he was mad, "You are speaking nonsense. This is how I always look. You, of all people should know that."

"No, no. The way you're looking at Edelgard and the professor, it's like you're... envious of them."

Hubert sighed, "Shut up, Ferdinand. You are seeing things."

Ferdinand wished to open his mouth to prove him wrong, but refrained from doing so, instead, he just spoke his goodbyes, "Farewell, Hubert."

"Goodbye."

A few more minutes passed, and the more he looked at the Emperor and her wife, the more envious and saddened he grew. So much so, that he found it useless to stay at the ball any longer.

As Hubert headed out, he was stopped by Dorothea on his way.

"Hubie, where are you going?"

"Out," Hubert simply said, not daring to look back at his interlocutor.