Hubert X Reader- A cold night (Request)

Requested by MarieAetheling
I hope this is good :) because I honestly really love Hubert and he deserves so much love 😔✌️. I'm so glad someone requested him. Some elements are made up by me (just saying that so no one gets confused).
Enjoy :))

The cold air surrounding her whole body was enough to keep her eyes open. When everyone kept saying how cold the nights at the monastery could be during winter, (Y/N) would shrug it off, replying that some little cold weather wouldn't bother her, being born and raised in the cold lands of the Kingdom of Faerghus.

But now that she was experiencing it, only then did she believe them. Even her thick, wool blanket wasn't enough. It didn't seem to make a difference, even though it was covering her entirely.

(Y/N) started to think. She remembered about the stocks of blankets the Church had given the students to protect themselves from the cold winter; each classroom had one stock of blankets. She was honestly a bit embarrassed to say that she would most certainly the only Blue Lions student using that stock of blankets.

After putting a little thought in the matter, she quickly got up from her bed, slid her feet inside her boots and threw her cape over her. She did not wish to spend more time then necessary away from her bed (same bro, same).

Quietly opening then closing the door behind her, she quickly ran her way toward her classroom.

When she finally got there, with terror did she notice that she didn't have the keys that led into the classroom, since it was always locked during nighttime. If she remembered correctly, the keys were in her professor's room.

She cursed under her breath. How could she be so forgetful?

"What are you doing here," a voice suddenly resonated from behind her, out of nowhere. (Y/N) spun around. A tall man was standing in front of her, his arms clasped behind his back formally, like some shadow, he almost seemed like he was hovered over her. She recognized who it was immediately. Even if it was the dead of night, that ghastly and formal tone could be recognized anywhere, and that tall physic...

"Hubert?" (Y/N) spoke quietly.

"Yes."

So it was him. She had never talked to him in person but from the rumors, and the few times she had witnessed his presence, he was one of the oldest students at the academy, almost as old as her fellow friend and classmate, Mercedes. Although he was certainly not as warm and kind as her, from the looks of it. Although it didn't stop her from being intrigued of this distant and aloof student, if we could even call him that.

"Are you going to say something?"

(Y/N) felt a heavy, judgmental stare on her that sent shivers down her spine. She had almost forgotten about the cold weather.

In loss for words, she directed her eyes to the ground, stuttering, "I-I, uh-"

"Are you here to get yourself a blanket?"

(Y/N) nodded, "Yes, but I forgot my keys. So I'll probably just head back..."

She was almost getting ready to leave him alone, until he spoke out, "If you are in dire need of a blanket, then why are you giving up so suddenly?" The way he spoke these words made her feel rather stupid.

Hubert sighed, "I have the keys that lead to my classroom. Perhaps you can take a blanket from there."

"You would not mind?"

"Not if you don't bring it back tomorrow after you finished your classes. I don't want to bother Lady Eldergard about getting a new one. She already has so much on her hands."

She shrugged and follows him to his classroom. It was right next to hers.

"Are you also in need of blankets? It is pretty cold after all."

"No, I can deal with the weather. I am only taking a blanket for Lady Eldergard."

Another thing she had heard from several students about Hubert: his undying devotion to Eldergard. It mustn't be very pleasant to devote your whole life to a single person. Even if it is a duty that must be followed. (Y/N) wondered why he needed to do so, but it was probably personal, so she didn't bother to ask.

Hubert took the time to pull out a key and open the Black Eagles Classroom's door.

It was the first time she had actually set foot in this classroom, but she was a little disappointed at the similar decor of the Black Eagle's classroom and hers.

Hubert opened up a safe in the corner of the classroom and took out a large blanket.

"You should be alright with one single blanket."

(Y/N) approached him. Over his shoulder, she looked down at the blankets, "Can I have two blankets?"

"One blanket is enough."

"But we never know if I'll need more!"

"Don't be such a child," Hubert said, annoyance present in his voice.

Afraid to get him on his nerves, (Y/N) didn't argue back. She took her blanket and waited for Hubert to grab his and close the safe.

As the two of them left the classroom, Hubert closed the door while (Y/N) stood behind him.

"Thank you for letting me borrow a blanket, Hubert."

He turned around, placing the key inside his pocket, "Keep your thank you to yourself. And do not forget to bring the blanket tomorrow."

She nodded and before he could take his leave, (Y/N) stopped him.

"Hold on for a moment!"

He desperately sighed, "What now?"

Once more, she looked at the ground beneath her shyly, "I-I never had the chance to say this but... Would you like to meet up together some other time and... talk? If you want to of course. I would like it very much if you would let me get to know you better."

"There is nothing to know about me. Nothing interesting."

(Y/N) slightly frowned, "Come now, don't be so hard on yourself. I'm sure there are many interesting things about you," she smiled, although the night made it barely visible, "So, would you like it?"

The corner of Hubert's mouth lifted in a small smirk, "I'll think about it."

He turned around, already a few steps away from her, "Goodnight, (Y/N)."

When he was out of sight, (Y/N) was alone. She was honestly a bit happy that he had agreed on them talking again some other time- well ALMOST agreed. Her thoughts were only focused on their next talk. She was so distracted from everything else, that she had seemed to have forgotten why she was here in the first place, and the cold didn't seem to bother her anymore.

Oof this is rather long. Ok so, I really hope I was able to capture Hubert's personality. I only had Hubert in his Academy phase because I played Silver Snow and I never actually saw many of his supports. But I really hope this is enjoyable! This is not the most lovey dovey stuff out there but I'm still working on that part 😅 soooo...