Ignatz X Reader- Lovely weather

Ignatz 👏 needs 👏 more 👏 love.
This was actually supposed to be a Ignatz painting the reader type of oneshot thingy, but this came out instead. I WILL write something like that one day though, but until then, enjoy whatever you want to call this.
Again, enjoy!

It seemed to be extremely sunny and warm outside that day. Everyone was either enjoying a nice walk and having fun outside or taking advantage of the nice weather to train harder then ever.

Ignatz, obviously, wished to enjoy the sunny weather as well, and so, he picked up his art supplies and canvas, then headed to the small forest bordering Garreg Mach to paint.

He had chosen to go to that forest of all places because, during sunny days, the forest would look enchanting and breathtaking, with rays of sunshine filtering through the branches, hitting the ground, splashing it with sunlight. The lovely green trees, tall and majestic were a great place to hide from the sun, and last but not least, the serene atmosphere that the young man loved. It was a nice break from the usual commotion the monastery and the battlefield would cause.

This wasn't the first time Ignatz came by the forest so he knew a specific path that led to his favorite spot to paint.

But something, or someone, had stopped the man from walking, freezing him on the spot.

(Y/N).

At exactly the same spot where he always painted, he spotted one of his formal classmates, (Y/N). A lovely woman that he, much too embarrassed to admit, had started to enjoy talking too, and had started to even go as far as have a little crush on her.

Under one of the trees he was planning to sit under, she was there, reading a book, away from the sun. She seemed to love the peace and quiet the forest had to offer.

Quickly, Ignatz hid behind a large tree, hoping not to be seen, for now.

He didn't really know what to do honestly. Was he supposed to wait until she left? Wait no. He was a grown man now, if he could endanger his life everyday on the battlefield, then he could man up and talk to one of his comrades. But still, it was easier said then-

Ignatz simultaneously turned around at the sound of a sudden gasp from behind him, and almost gasped when seeing the exact person he was trying to hide from.

"Ignatz?" She only recognized him when he had turned around completely. She looked completely in disbelief.

"(Y-Y/N)! Hello..."

She held her book close to her chest, like she was trying to protect it of some sort, "W-What are you doing here?" She gasped for the second time, "You weren't spying on me, were you?"

"H-Hum..."

(Y/N) face took in a deep shade of red, "Ignatz! How could you!"

Ignatz tried to explain, "Y-You didn't even let me explain! I-I was here to paint, but you were reading there, so I thought I could wait until you left..."

"You didn't have to wait until I left, you know. You could've came by and I would've let you seat next to me. It wouldn't have bothered me."

"I know, but..."

"But?"

"Never mind- You're right. I could've just showed up and ask."

"Exactly! As I said a few sentences ago, you are NEVER a bother! EVER!" She giggled, "In fact, I've always loved your company."

Ignatz' eyes widen, "Really?"

(Y/N) smiled kindly, "Yes, really!"

His face took in a tint of pink, as he displayed a shy smile, "I'm glad to hear that. I enjoy your company as well."

"That's reassuring, because I was actually heading back to the monastery to...," she looked at the ground beneath her in a bashful manner, "... to ask you if you'd like to take a small walk with me in the forest..." She looked back at him, "... But, since you're already here, would you like that? To take a short walk with me?"

Ignatz' face was now beat red. The girl he had a crush on was now asking him to take a walk together? How could he say no!

He simultaneously responded, a bit too excitingly, "Yes. Of course! It would be my pleasure!"

He instinctively grabbed onto her hand, but as soon as he realized what he had done, he quickly retrieved it, "O-Oh! I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that..."

(Y/N) laughed, "It's alright. I liked it," she lended her hand, "Hold my hand again, Ignatz."

Hesitant at first, he slid his hand in hers, intertwining his fingers with her own.

At this point, Ignatz was ecstatic, he couldn't help but smile, while his cheeks were red.

"I'm glad I asked you- the weather is so nice today. It would've been a pity to not enjoy it," she cocked her eyebrows, "Speaking off enjoying the weather, weren't you here to paint?"

Ignatz nodded, "Well, I was."

(Y/N) frowned, "I'm taking you away from your hobby, aren't I? I'm sorry..."

"What? No, of course you aren't! If you were, I would've told you a long time ago."

"Are you sure?"

Ignatz smiled and nodded, "Yes, I'm sure. Painting can wait."