Edelgard X Reader- Firework show (Request)

Request: @crazyjt5150
Warnings: None
Word count: 781
Gender: Male
Additional Info: None

Edelgard fans must be having the time of their lives rn 💀😭
Enjoy!

(Y/N) and Edelgard had been friends for quite some time. They were close and, it just so happened that the boy caught feelings... for the princess. It was doomed to happen from the start, but it was too late to turn back now- So late that he was actually thinking about asking the girl out, making it official.

And it just so happened that there was a firework show happening in a couple of days, just around the corner! It seemed like the perfect date for the two of them, but of course, he'd have to ask her.

(Y/N) was decently confident, to a certain extent, and could envision himself asking the princess out on a date.

How difficult could it be?

"Hum- Hey... Edelgard- Hi," was how he would clumsily begin his sentences. Edelgard would simply stare at him in silence before asking him if everything was alright.

He, who was usually so composed, now seemed reduced to the mentality of a little kid. What happened?

This could be very difficult, actually- much more difficult than he expected.

(Y/N) had to think of an another way. There had to be one... Right?

Write her a note!

It seemed quite cheesy and childish for a student his age to write a note asking a girl out on a date, but it was either that or embarrass himself even further.

And the firework show was slowly approaching- He had no time to waste.

(Y/N) wrote the note and slid it underneath the door that led to Edelgard's dorm.

~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~

(Y/N) waited and waited. A whole day passed and nothing happened. Could it be that he had mistaken someone else's dorm for hers? It wasn't impossible but still unlikely. He had made sure to get it right.

The boy observed (although it was a bit odd) Edelgard. Perhaps her face betrayed any recent event, related to the note.

But nothing. Her face was stone cold and stern- unreadable.

Finally, (Y/N) mustered the courage to come up to her.

"Edelgard," he simply said, and for once, he wasn't as much of a stuttering mess.

"You seem to have finally gotten ahold of yourself," she lightly smiled, "That's good."

"Right- Hum... Did you... receive something per chance? Like... a note?" He hurriedly asked in a lower tone.

"A note?" She frowned, "I did receive one- Yesterday, I believe."

His face turned pale, "And... Did you read it?"

"I did," Edelgard said, "It was a note asking me out on a date, but it had no name at the bottom- Who would I be to go out with a stranger? I had to throw the note out."

How stupid he was! He had forgotten to add his own name at the bottom! No wonder she didn't tell him anything beforehand!

"I see," he painfully responded, turning quiet.

"It's a shame," she sighed, "I had gotten fairly enthusiastic at the thought."

"At the thought of the firework show?"

She frowned, looking back at him, "How did you know it was a firework show?"

Realizing his error, (Y/N) was as pale as a sheet, "You told me! You told me that it was a firework show!" But it was an obvious lie.

"I did not!" A smile slowly crept on her face, "Could it be that the note was yours?"

Her stare grew so heavy upon (Y/N) that in the end, he had to confess. Edelgard chuckled.

"Then why didn't you write your name on it?"

"I-I must've forgotten," he awkwardly muttered.

She laughed, "Classic (Y/N)... You could've just asked me."

"I tried! But I kept messing up- It's harder than I thought," he embarrassingly admitted.

He sighed, "Look, Edelgard. Would you like to go with me?"

And (Y/N) was surprised at how simple it was- To just blurt it all out in a second, without putting much thought into the matter. It felt relieving.

"There you!" She smiled, cheating him on in a far too sarcastic manner, "I would love to. Didn't I say that I found the note pleasant?"

"You did, I suppose... So- I suppose I'll see you later, then?"

"What? You're already leaving me?"

(Y/N) said nothing, not really knowing how to answer her slight mockery.

"Fine. You can leave," she chuckled, "I'm sure you have something to get to."

"No! Not... Not really. Don't worry. I-I can come with you," he said.

Her face lit up at the suggestion, "That'd be lovely. How thoughtful of you, (Y/N)."

And the two of them left, and although they said nothing to each other, both of them were thinking about the upcoming firework show.