Hinoka X Reader- Don't worry (Request)

Request: @daleketchup
Genre: idk
Warnings: None
Word count: 885
Gender: Male
Additional Info: • Mercenary! Reader
• Corrin has they/them pronouns

YALL the demo of the Three Hopes game is out but I can't find my Nintendo Switch 💀💀
Anyways, enjoy!

Corrin had gone missing.

It was so strange. One night, they disappeared without a trace, without anyone noticing. It was terrible news to everyone in the castle, especially to Hinoka.

They were very close and so this broke her heart and angered her immensely.

As soon as she got the chance to, she believed it right to gather a mercenary to help track Corrin down. But not just any mercenary, of course. Only the best.

"Brother, let me find Corrin. It's my duty, as their older sister-"

"Hinoka-"

"Brother, please! I won't disappoint you. I'll find them alive and well, I promise you. Let me go and give me one of your best mercenaries. That's all I ask."

It took a lot of convincing, but after a heated discussion, Ryoma reluctantly agreed and ordered one of his finest mercenaries to accompany the princess.

The mercenary had been under Ryoma's rule for years, ever since he was young. He was one of the best, if not the best.

Without much say in it, he followed Hinoka, but it was so to much reluctance.

(Y/N) was a timid man but more so when it came to the princess. He had developed feelings for her and to have to follow her around on this mission did not suit him.

~~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~~

(Y/N) had been waiting for some time for Hinoka to come by. She told him that she'd be ready to leave soon enough.

"Ah, there you are."

As he turned around, he noticed the princess, fully armed and ready to leave, he supposed.

"Lady Hinoka," he bowed, "So where do you want to head to?"

She frowned, still unsure. Where could her sibling be?

"We should check our surroundings, then we'll move on further out. I'll be taking my Pegasus and you'll take another one from the stables."

"I don't know how to ride a Pegasus, milady," he responded, frowning.

"You'll be riding with me, then."

"As you wish," he muttered, a bit reluctantly.

He had never even been near the princess before and now she was telling him that he'd be riding with her? On the same Pegasus? It felt strange.

Hinoka raised a brow, "That doesn't bother you, does it?"

"Not at all. Whatever milady wishes is my command. Those were the High Prince's orders."

"Good. Then let's get going before the sun begins to set."

~~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~~

They had been roaming the skies for what seemed like an eternity now.

While Hinoka was in control of the Pegasus, (Y/N) would be on the look out for a sign of Corrin.

Little to say, it wasn't going very well. It was obvious from Hinoka's worried frown and from her short temper slowly taking over.

"Milady, I understand you are worried-"

"Of course I am! Corrin'a gone missing without a trace! Why shouldn't I be worried? And we've been looking for hours now and nothing!" She was on the verge of tears now. It seemed that the very sentence from (Y/N) instantly threw her off in a rage, "Where could they be? Where could they be?"

"I promise you that we will find them," he tried to be comforting but Hinoka's worry only grew.

"Corrin never leaves like this- What if they're dead?" She thought. The simply thought of it sent shivers down her spine. Could it be?

"Milady, stop the Pegasus."

"What?" She asked, confused, looking back at him.

"I said 'Stop the Pegasus'!"

Hinoka, who had never seen him like this, seemed to have lost all sense of authority. She landed her Pegasus. (Y/N) hopped on the ground. Hinoka looked down at him, frowning.

"Why do you want to stop? We need to find Corrin!"

"We'll never find Corrin if you're like this, milady," he motioned for her to get down, "Get down? Please."

Hinoka huffed but she got down, not without a light scowling.

"You do realize that you're talking to a princess here, right? The sister of the man you serve? The king's sister?"

"Milady," she was right. What was he doing? Well, it was too late now.

"Hinoka, I wish to speak to you this way: not between a princess and a simply mercenary, but between two human beings. Can you hear me out?"

"But Corrin-"

"It's about Corrin," he rested his hands on her shoulders, "I understand that you're upset and you have all the right to be. Corrin has gone... Goddess knows where. Perhaps they've been kidnapped, and that's perhaps the most reasonable case. They would never leave out of their own will. They love you as much as you love them. And they would never get killed so easily. Corrin has trained their own life, remember? They're not so easy to take down, so you mustn't worry too much, but that doesn't mean that we should find them. Milady, it's not by worrying yourself to death that you'll find them. So please, calm yourself down a little, then we'll find them. Everything's going to be alright."

Hinoka, on the verge of tears, broke out into tears. Without much thought, she embraced the mercenary, who, surprised, returned the favor.

"So, milady, how about we get back to searching, and instead of thinking of a dead Corrin, you think of a Corrin who's fighting and who needs our help."