Scars

It was a normal usual day for ninjago city, there was no villians to fight which made the ninja have more time to themselves.

Nya, Jay went to visit her parents while  Zane, Lloyd went shopping for the monastery since they needed food but also they were going shopping to get more supplies for their vehicles.

That left Kai and Cole alone at the monastery, which they didn't mind at all. They had all of the monastery to themselves, they could practically do whatever they want.

Cole decided to take a nice and relaxing shower while Kai was looking at himself in the mirror, mostly at his scar that was near his bicep. He had recently gotten from his burst that he had to do in order to save his sister.

Kai was happy that Nya returned to her human form after getting transformed into water to defeat wojira for ninjago.

But this made Kai feel weak that he had a scar. he hated feeling weak. Kai was the strongest out of the team, he never showed emotion to anybody except for his boyfriend Cole, he made Kai feel worth it and how it was okay to feel emotional.

Kai hated having scars, it would showed that he was very vulnerable and useless. It was a easy target for him to get bullied or get made fun of.

Like he did when he got his first scar from one of the missions in ninjago city which caused a few people in the city to murmur about him,

Flashback: 8 years ago

It was a normal day in ninjago, The wind blew steadily, all Ninjago citizens were dressed in fluffy, warm clothing from head to toe. The ninjas were alerted that there was a local robbery in the ninjaos city bank, Kai had decided to go check it out alone.

It was just a simple mission that could be solved in a few minutes, the others had agreed to let Kai go onto the small mission.

Cole was a little worried because he didn't want his boyfriend to get hurt but kai reassured him that he will be okay.

Kai puts on his red gi, grabbing his double katana and his parachute. He then jumps off of the bounty, cheering as he pulls the string down on the parachute making him glide to the robbery accident very safe and sound.

Once he lands onto the ground, Kai sees the robbers running away from the bank with a bag which Kai assume was the money that they had stolen.

Kai runs after them, he then shoots a flame from his hand to block the robbers from escaping. It didn't help that the Ninjago citizens scrambled in the midst of the chaos, running in different directions like a chicken with its head cut off.

Kai facepalmed and groaned, swiftly moving down the buildings to confront the robbers.

"Can this get any harder than it needs to be?" Kai had said to himself.

He then landed in front of the thieves, hot fire flickering all around them, melting the cold snow that covered the floor.  

"We can either handle the easy way or the hard way. You give me the bag that is filled with the money that you stole and I'll let you go or I'll have to fight you the hard way." Kai had said with determination.

After a few minutes, the robbers had no movement. They didn't give kai the bag at all instead they kept it.

"Okay then, lets do this the hard way!" Kai and said as he felt the leather handle of his katanas, drawing them from his back.

He felt good to be in control, Kai knew that he could take these guys on any day, 24/7. They looked at him very scared, reluctant to mess with the master of fire, debating on whether their gun was enough to get them through.