I'll always be here

The wind throws itself against the walls of the Monastery. Rain falls against the roof, the sound echoing around. Thunder and lighting stomp and flash in the sky, the sounds keeping the ninja awake and feeling uneasy. 

It's been six months since the water ninja sacrificed herself to save Ninjago City from Kalamaar and Wojira. A long, devastating six months. 

There is one ninja who hasn't cried or spoken since she left. He was decanted, of course. His younger sister, who he's sworn to protect his whole life, was gone. She sacrificed herself. Kai couldn't help but blame himself. 

Watching outside, a soft whimper escapes Kai's lips as the rain trickles down the glass of the window. For months, Kai had stayed in his room not wanting to talk to anybody.

Ray and Maya knew how damaged Kai was during the loss of Nya smith which broke them because they both hated to see their own son like this. They tried multiple times trying to talk to Kai, he just wouldn't budge at all. There was nothing Maya and Ray could do to help Kai knowing that they haven't been there for Kai since he was a little kid.

Until now. Today was the day that Kai had actually talked to somebody in 6 months and here's how Cole changed it.

Flashback: a few hours ago

It was a dull, raining afternoon for ninjago city. Jay had just gotten everybody back together into the monastery to get Nya back except for Kai, who wasn't answering anybody calls.

Jay had wondered that Kai was still mad at him for letting Nya go and honestly Jay understood it. Nya was his sister, the person he had raised after Ray and Maya disappeared for years. But there was one person that was deeply worried for Kai..

It was the earth ninja, Cole brookstone. He was very worried for his boyfriend, he had texted and called the fire elemental many times and no response. His friends thought that Cole was just overreacting about Kai but the earth elemental thought otherwise.

He knew how much Nya meant to Kai. Kai was basically a father figure to Nya knowing that his parents got kidnapped by the time twins, leaving Kai to take care of Nya all by himself as a child.

Cole had decided to head over to Ray and Maya's house, where Kai was staying at for the past 6 months. Kai had mentioned that he would be staying at his parents house after the rest of the team had decided to spilt for a while.

After moments of Cole walking to Ray and Maya's house from the monastery he had finally made it, The earth elemental had then knocked on the door very gently but very loudly.

A few seconds passes by as Cole sees the door opening, revealing the former elemental of water Maya smith.

"Cole! It's been so long since I last saw you!" Maya says as she goes up to the earth elemental, hugging him like crazy.

Cole hugs back, smiling as he puts his hands behind Maya's back. Maya was such a mom towards Cole which made him happy because after his mom died 14 years ago he never had anybody who was this nice and happy every time Cole had visited the smith family.

Sure Cole had his father but Lou wasn't even around for him, instead he was too busy going on tour with his band and left Cole home alone after Lily passed away.

After a few moments, Maya pulls away from the hug smiling at the earth elemental. It's been a long time since she last saw Cole which was 6-7 months ago.

"Please come in come in!" Maya had said with excitement as she greets Cole to come inside of the house which the earth elemental accepts.

"Ray, sweetie! Cole's here!" Maya had shouted outloud for Ray to hear. A few seconds later Cole sees Ray walking over to Maya, giving her a cup of coffee that the former elemental of fire had made. Ray had then gave a kiss onto the former elemental of water on the cheek as he shifts his direction to Cole.