Our first kiss

The first kiss happened between them was during their High school days. Specifically in the big library, surrounded by books in one of its corners. Kai had been busy reading a specific book about ancient ruins known in Ninjago City, the ones discovered and the ones no one manged to explore. Next to him Cole had been sitting down for a while.

Unusually quiet as he tried to focus on whatever words Kai was saying, but Cole just couldn't do that because for some reason that day, his attention had been all on the Brunette haired's lips as the shorter tapped his pencil against it, still too busy with his book.

Being in a secretive relationship while they're still students could bring alot of consequences of their representation, or more importantly the principal, if he ever found out.

Being gay in a private school was very rare, especially if the school was one of your dream schools. If you ever got caught of being a homosexual in this school, the principal would expel you for good. It was just the rules that the principal made for years, there wasn't much you could do about it.

However, so far everything has been going smoothly and they made sure not to get too close unless they would be sure no one was around.

Back to the topic at hand, the darker  haired scholar watched Kai's bottom lip pull up as the other frowned after reading something. He's beautiful, Cole thought then when a few locks of hair fell infront of Kai's visible eye.

It was Cole's hand that moved first, tucking it behind his hair before Kai's own could reach up. Their gazes met briefly, causing Cole to avert his own once he realized what he had done.

He glanced over at Kai again to find him staring down at his notebook, a not very visible flush covering his cheeks.

The black haired glanced over his shoulder, and when he found most of the area they were in empty and obviously so quiet, his brain started debating on doing something right in that moment.

It wouldn't be bad, surely? After all he does like Kai. Like like him, even. Recently he was sure those feelings were developing to something more. It was weird but undeniable, something he had never felt before.

Cole's a man of knowledge. He's straightforward, knows what he wants, and refuses to pay attention to anything he deems unimportant to him. When it comes to affection and feelings, he's somewhat the same, despite that yes..even he sometimes is unsure of what to do in certain situations.

"Kai." He had whispered his boyfriend's name, which fortunately did remove the other student's attention from the books on his lap.

When he did look up, Kai found Cole's face much closer to his own and he paused, eyes widening then quickly glancing somehwre behind Cole's back.

He didn't push Cole away though, which meant that no one was in sight, which also meant that he could do what he wanted next..and that's to close the small space between their lips in a short, soft kiss that managed to steal each of their breaths away.

Before it could linger for a longer minute Kai's hand pressed against Cole's chest to push him back slightly, but it was the sound of shoes approaching against the library's floor all of a sudden that snapped Cole to put more 'professional' space between them. He also noticed when Kai let out a long sigh, looking like he's bracing himself for whoever that is coming up right now.

"Kai, are you he- oh, well there you are indeed. I knew I'd find you around this place." Skylor Chen, Cole recognized her easily. The woman approached them calmly with a gentle smile, crossing her arms against her torso when she finally stopped infront of them, " The President has asked for you to go to his office, he said it's for some assignment you have been working on lately."

Kai blinked, at first in confusion then in realization as if he had forgotten whatever that assignment his classmate just mentioned. "Ah, of course. I can't let the principal wait long..he gets impatient. I will be on my way then, thank you, Sky."

When he stood up and gathered his books in one arm, his gaze fell on Cole and he looked almost sorry, "I will see you later, Cole.". The black haired simply nodded back at him with a murmured 'Of course, don't let him wait.'.

Both him and Skylor watched Kai leave in silence. The moment he was out of their earshot, he heard Skylor hum and glance around, "The library sure is hot today in the middle of summer, no wonder Kai's cheeks looked so red, don't you think so, Cole?" her question sounded might've so normal to anyone else if they heard it at first, but the look in her eyes when they met Cole's, the mischief. She knows.

"I suppose you're right." Still, he denied, causing the smartest student in the school to chuckle quietly into her hand.

"Don't worry now," she said as she turned around, "your secret is safe with me." After sending him a playful wink and putting her ring finger infront of her lips as a sign of staying quiet, she was soon out of the library as well.

Cole touched his lips, the feeling of Kai's own is still there. The scholar covered his face with his hands. The kiss he shared with Kai had done two things. Made Cole feel want more after it quickly ended, that he was ready to chase Kai's lips had he not held himself back, and all feelings he already had just increased alot.

Again, it's weird, but nice weird? Something he couldn't find himself putting to words for some reason.

Cole stood up finally to go out, choosing that next time he gets to see Kai. He will share those with him too.