Guilt

"Slipping through my fingers all the time."

Kai watches as Cole gets up from his lap and run towards Jay who asked him to join him in a game of volleyball. Cole did ask Kai but he said that he didn't want to play; he was tired and wanted to rest.

To Kai; he was jealous. Which was pretty stupid because he shouldn't be feeling this. Jay was a FRIEND to Cole; in fact Jay was Cole's bestfriend yet he could feel a hatred against the guy. It was obvious that Cole cared about the lightning ninja and Kai knew that he wouldn't be able to replace him.

Kai worries that one day he'll lose Cole. The love of his life to Jay which is why the brunette doesn't really like the auburn. Jay was the opposite of what Kai didn't like in a person. Jay was annoying but Kai tried to like him.

But Kai just couldn't like him; which is why he tries to distant himself whenever he's with Jay but the fire ninjas had noticed on how often Jay and Cole would hang out nowadays; to Kai it had seem like Cole had no time to hang out or talk with his lover.

Kai seemed heart broken because the brunette thinks that he did something wrong but Cole looked genuinely happy and all the fire elemental master wanted was to Cole to be happy.

Maybe he wasn't a good boyfriend to Cole. Maybe it would be better if Kai would leave the earth ninja.

All of his thinking stops when he gets a call from his mother..unexpectedly. Usually his mother would text him but this time it was different, when he answered the call he could hear his mothers voice shaking and breaking down..
___

"Sometimes I wish that I could freeze the picture."

Kai couldn't believe what was happening in front of him. This had to be a dream to Kai. It had too. The nurses had told him what happened but he didn't listen; everything was just a blur to the guy.

The boy was staring at his fathers hospital bed, who was in a coma and couldn't breathe on his own. The doctors said that he won't be waking up from the coma anytime soon and should say their goodbyes.

Maya had her hand on top of Ray's hands, sobbing uncontrollably on what happened to her husband. The man who she married for over 20 years. The love of her life.

Kai didn't stop her, he knew how much his father meant to his mother. They were soulmates. His mother looked so happy with his father. The brunette hated life. He really did because he never asked for any of this. He didn't ask for his father to die. Why did this happen?

"And save it from the funny tricks of time."

Kai remembers the memories he had with his father when he was little, even tho Maya and Ray weren't really in Kai's childhood much; the brunette remembers the moments with his father when he was 1-5. The time where Ray forgot to park his car which lead the whole car to fall down hill when the family was enjoying the nice view of the sunset or the time where the family was camping and Ray getting chased by a bunch of bees after accidentally knocking out their hive.

He was a idiot, but that's why Kai loved his father. Him and Kai were so alike. After the whole reunite that went down with the time twins, Kai wanted to spend more time with his father and they became closer than ever. They started to play video games together and then did father and son things that were corny.

"Slipping through my fingers."

Kai walked to his father side of the bed as he bend down to the floor, he held his father hand into his hands.

"It's okay father. You can go. We can take care of ourselves. You did your best. You were a good father to me." Kai stutters as he looks at his mother, who nodded as she kissed Ray's forehead; letting him go. Kai let go of his fathers hands as him and Maya left the room. Kai didn't want to let his father go but he knew it was the right thing to do. He didn't know how he was going to tell Nya but..right now he needed space for his fathers death.