Stormy Nights

Cole was wide awake. It was 1:00 AM on a Saturday morning, and instead of getting some well deserved sleep, he was listening to the sound of a tree branch smacking against his window during a cold winter night. It was currently storming outside, it had been for a few hours now.

"Damn it..." Cole groaned, wiping his sleepy eyes and glancing around the room. It was practically pitch black, but it was no problem for his well- trained eyes.

He was used to it. His Father used to lock him in a dark room for hours, sometimes for days for him to get his choreography perfectly. He yawned, getting up onto his feet.

There was no point in trying to sleep now. The sleepy 18 year old made his was to his closet and grabbed a navy black sweatshirt, black sweatpants, and white socks before making his way to the hallway, then into the bathroom. He quickly changed and tried to get that wild hair of his under control; but it was of no use.

It looked like a cotten candy cloud on his head. The brown eyed boy flinched when he heard a noise, quickly spinning around to see the door cracked.

It wasn't what he had expected; it was his boyfriend, Kai. He looked exhausted, a baggy red hoodie reaching down past his knees, as well as messy brown hair.

"Firefly?"

"Hiiii, " Kai said, now making his way over to Cole who was standing by the sink. His voice was low and raspy, as if he had just woken up.

"Storm keeping you up?" Cole asked, leaning back onto the sink. Kai sleepily nodded, latching his arms around Cole's torso, resting his head on his chest.

He was a little shorter than Cole, who was fairly well built, standing at 6'3 Not to say he wasn't, though; he was 6'1 and pretty strong himself.

"Are you hungry?" Cole asked, now returning the hug to his sleepy boyfriend. A loud bang of thunder came from outside, Kai only held onto Cole harder.

He was surprised Kai had even made it this long, usually he would come and crawl into bed with him if it was storming.

"I could eat," Kai said.

"You didn't come get me when it started storming... any reason why? I'm surprised you held out until now."

"Eh, I wanted to let you sleep a little. We worked out hard earlier- I figured you needed the rest! Sorry I came to bother you though, eheh," Kai said, lifting his head up to face his boyfriend with a sheepish smile on his face. Cole let out a slight chuckle.

"It's fine. You can come and get me whenever, k?" Kai smiled, and quickly jumped up, pecking his boyfriends lips.

"Okay! Let's make ramen, I'm really hungry now," he said, now skipping out of the bathroom.

Cole just stood there, touching his hands to his lips with a smile plastered on his tan face. Cole soon followed Kai downstairs.

"What took you so long?" Kai asked, sitting up from the big leather couch that was in their living room. He already had a fire going, and the kitchen lights were on.

"Had to take a shit."

"Coleeeee!!!"

"I'm kidding!! Jeez," the black haired boy said, walking over and plopping down next to his boyfriend.

Their large HD TV had some movie on that Cole didn't recognize, he was too focused on getting that ramen anyways.

"Hey babe, I'm gonna go make us some food. You want spicy ramen or regular?"

"Regular please!" Cole smiled at him, blushing just from looking at his boyfriend. Kai was sprawled out on the couch, a blanket flopped over his torso.

He got up and walked into their kitchen, grabbing the ramen from the pantry. The black haired male started putting it together, but when he turned around from the stove Kai was standing there, staring at him.

"HOLY- my god Kai," Cole said, clutching the fabric of the hoodie that rested right above his heart.

"I love you, but I swear to god if you sneak up on me one more time I'll-"

"You'll what?" Kai said, practically cutting him off. He gave his boyfriend the biggest puppy dog eyes he could dish out, walking towards him with his hands behind his back.

Cole started to blush, trying to think of the right words to say. Then it came to him. He enjoyed nothing more than making Kai flustered, and that was exactly what he was planning to do.

"Oh, I don't know, attack you with kisses for a week!" He shouted, lunging towards Kai.

"COLE!" Cole picked up his boyfriend by the waist, slinging him onto his shoulder and carrying him over to the couch.

"COLE PUT ME DOWN!!" Kai yelled, flailing his fists at his boyfriends back. It didn't work. Cole was laughing his ass off.

Kai was soon met with a face full of the fluffy red blanket he had been using earlier, as he was now face down on the couch. Before his brain could even process what had just happened, the couch had dipped and an all too familiar presence was right on top of him.

Cole had thrown Kai onto the couch, and was now straddling him with a sarcastic smirk. The tan male flipped himself around, catching his breath.

As he did it, he bumped into Cole, making the taller boy fall down onto his stomach with a, "hmph!" Cole looked up, eyes wide. That surprised expression soon turned into yet another smirk.

"You're basically asking for it, ya know," he said.

"Asking for what- mph!" Kai was cut off with a pair of sweet, soft lips planted against his own. At first, he was surprised, but he eventually caught on a started to kiss back.

He wrapped his arms around Cole's neck, trailing his fingers through his fluffy black hair. Cole smiled into the kiss, his arms on either side of Kai's head.

Once they finally ran out of breath, Cole looked down at his boyfriend; Kai's hot breath on his face.

Kai looked wide awake, a bright smile spreading across his tan features. That smile; oh god, that smile. Cole loved it. It made his heart explode.

"Y'know, maybe being attacked with kisses isn't so bad," Kai said, wrapping his arms around Cole's waist and pulling him down. Cole smiled, wrapping his own strong arms around Kai's smaller frame.

"Mhm," he mumbled, kissing his boyfriends neck. Kai just closed his eyes, rubbing his hands up and down Cole's back. He could stay there forever, he loved him that much.

'I'm so lucky,' he thought, 'this beautiful boy is mine. All mine.

After a while of cuddling, Kai's over sensitive sense of smell started to pick up what smelled like burning.

"Hey Cole?"

"Hm?"

"Do you smell that?"

"Smell what?" Cole asked, leaning up.

"It smells like somethings burning." Cole's eyes went wide.

"SHIT-" He sprang off Kai, who immediately groaned from the lack of warmth.

"Coleeee!!!! Come back!"

"NO- I BURNT THE RAMEN!" Kai's eyes went wide.

"DAMN IT COLE!"

______
Yea typically Cole burning something as usually AHHAHA-