My favorite loved one

Though nobody would believe either of them, kissing was most definitely a regular thing in their relationship.

Whether it was a quick peck on the cheek, a goodbye-kiss, or a full on make-out session, Cole and Kai were not unfamiliar with kissing each other.

The two did seem to value it as a much more private thing than others would think. Sure the whole of Ninjago knew about their relationship by now, but they didn't plan on sharing their intimate moments with the city's eyes.

Warm under the covers, Cole's arms laid loosely at Kai sides. He thought about wrapping his arms around the Brunette man though knew it wouldn't be the most comfortable. Kai laid under him stroking the hair of the head that laid on his chest. He played with Cole's hair, twisting the shorter locks of his hair around his pointer finger.

"When was the last time you took a shower?" Kai's soft voice had Cole turning his head to look at the Fire ninja. He pouted, his chin taking its place where his cheek had laid.

"Yesterday." Cole chuckled, "Your hair is awfully oily for that to have been the last time, but I'll take your word for it."

Cole let out a huff before a relaxed silence fell between the two again. Cole kept his gaze on Kai's face, taking a mental note of how the current lighting made Kai's eyes look a pretty hazel green rather than their usual dark brown.

"You're pretty." Cole announced, his own eyes widening when the words spilled out. Another chuckle came from Kai, making Cole smile softly when he felt Kai's chest rumble.

"Thank you. I think you're pretty as well."

While he knew it was just a response to what he had said, Cole couldn't help the way his cheeks flushed.
Kai's smile grew only a bit. Cole pouted once again, looking away in an attempt to hide how red his face was getting.

Kai pulled his hand from Cole's hair, pinching his cheek. "You're getting rather red there, are you alright?" Kai knew what he was saying and the smirk on his face showed it.

Cole pulled away, refusing to respond to Kai's ridiculous question. "C'mon, tell me what's on your mind-" Kai let out a short grunt as Cole pulled himself closer to Kai's face.

In mere seconds, Cole had pulled Kai by his button-down collar, his lips colliding with the other's. His eyes were squeezed shut, a frustrated and focused look on his face while Kai lay with eyes wide open, shocked at Cole's sudden boldness.

Though it wasn't long before Kai relaxed, smiling into the kiss as he loosely wrapped his arms around the back of Cole's neck. His eyes shut just as he saw Cole's expression relax.

The kiss was sweet, not too short but enough to leave Cole wishing he'd stayed in that moment just a few seconds more after pulling away.

Kai's soft breath on Cole's lips made the butterflies in his stomach flutter. Arms still wrapped around Cole, Kai chuckled, feeling the beat of Cole's heart only speed up despite already beating out of his chest leading up to the kiss.

Cole rested his weight back on Kai's chest, sighing as he looked away. His cheeks were an indescribable shade of red and Kai couldn't help the smile of pride knowing he was the one who had caused the crimson hue.

His hand came back up to stroke Cole's hair, continuing to detangle the dark black knots of hair. He softly hummed a tune he'd heard his mother sing to Nya many times when he was much younger than now.

The high from the kiss seemed to have relaxed Cole as he struggled to keep his eyes open. Kai's warmth and the soft thump thump of his heartbeat only relaxed Cole more.

It wasn't long before Cole's breathing steadied and his eyes finally shut, succumbing to the sleep he was barely trying to fight.

Kai's smile grew for the ninth time that night and he let out a soft sigh before resting his hand on Cole's back and closing his eyes to get some sleep alongside the earth ninja.