Guilt pt2

It's been a few days since the incident happened, everybody was very concerned for Kai. Ever since Cole comforted Kai at the beach on that day, the fire elemental has been very..distant with everybody else including his sister.

Kai was pretty much stuck in his room for the past few days, he wouldn't come out to see the others, He basically skipped training and skipped dinner. Everybody knew this wasn't like him and most of them tried to speak with the fire elemental but he wouldn't budge to speak at anybody, not even with his boyfriend.

But Cole was very patient with him, every night when everybody was sleeping in their room; the earth elemental would sneak into Kai's room with snacks, drinks and blankets to make the boy more calm and comfortable which the fire elemental appreciated a lot. Although, Kai wouldn't talk he was glad to feel Cole's present with him.

Cole wouldn't even talk to Kai when he gave him snacks, all he would do is plant kisses on the fire elementals temple and cuddle him with comfort. Kai loved it. He loved him so much. Yet he hated himself for not talking, for not communicating with the guy about why he was crying. Why he got so upset at him. Yet Cole deserved an apology. Kai trusted Cole..with his whole life yet he was so afraid of telling the earth elemental about what happened.

Why?

Why was he afraid?

Kai didn't understand it at all. The fire elemental knew that Cole would never judge him on what he felt in any type of way. Cole wasn't like that yet the boy couldn't help but felt the nervousness flowing down his body.

Kai decided to get up from his bed and finally walk out of his room. It was an absolute mess but he's not surprised..ever since that incident happened, Kai haven't been able to clean his room. He's been mentally and physically unstable. Everytime he tried to clean his room, all he could do was remember his father. Everything remembered Kai of his father in his room, the video games, the tv shows that they would watch together as a father/son bond, the guitar moments that Kai and his father would play together..it hurted the fire ninja.

Sighing, the brunette finally walks out of his room. Everything was silent. All you could really hear was Jays snore just across the hall and the time ticking, Kai walks closer to the kitchen to see what time it was.

1:30 AM.

'Shit' He mumbled to himself as he opens the fridge to see what to get, the guy didn't know if he was hungry or not. Yes, it was true that he didn't really eaten 'real food' but he didn't want to make something..he would disturb his teammates sleep.

He closes the fridge and opens the freezer to grab one of his favorite ice creams flavors; strawberry. Kai was a plain guy but he was simple to say the least.

Kai didn't even bother to pour his ice cream into a bowl; he simple grab a spoon and starts to eat it, enjoying the flavor. He missed this. He missed eating the sweets. He missed being relax and having nothing to worry about. He felt like he was at peace.

"Kai?" Cole yawned, feeling pretty tired.

"Hey..did I wake you from your sleep? I'm sorry." Kai apologies as he tries to get up from his seat but Cole puts his hand onto the brunettes shoulder.

"No. It's alright. I was bound to wake up anyways..I gotta get my midnight snack." Cole says, peacefully smiling at his boyfriend as he takes the seat right next to the fire elemental. Kai was wearing one of Cole's favorite hoodies but he didn't mind..it looked pretty cute on him. The earth elemental loved it.

"Do you want some of my ice cream as your midnight snack? I don't mind sharing." Kai had questioned his boyfriend, giving him such a gentle smile that made Cole fall in love even more.