XVIII

Alicia Keys once said:

"When I had nothing else, I had my mother and my piano. And you know what? They were all I needed"

Alicia Keys was and is her role model, she used to watch her video of "If I ain't got you" on the TV with her mother. She was six when that video came out and she was twenty when she covered it with her mother.

Flashback.

-Daddy! Mommy is cooking your favourite! – said a little Minnie hugging her father's legs, her father froze in his spot –I'm not staying home tonight, I'm going to Thailand again Nicha- he said coldly, she tightened her hold on him, she wasn't crying but she was hurt.

-So you are not going to attend my concert tomorrow? – he shook his head –I wish you luck sweetie- he said and patted his daughter's head. He was there for a moment and the other he was already gone.

She went to her piano and with her little hands started to play, she felt someone hug her from behind –Is this a new melody? – said Mic while looking at her sister play –It is! It's my favourite, it's so funny to play- she said still playing –I don't understand how you can talk while playing those things, you are a very talented kid- he kissed her cheek.

Even if her dad was gone again piano brought happiness.

End Flashback.

When Nicha was fourteen she played in a concert and that was the best feeling ever.

Not because people clapped at her talent but because the piano she had in front of her was just amazing. She never cared about being appreciated by the public, she never cared about the hate comments, she only cared for the instrument in front of her.

Piano was all she needed in those moments.

Climbing on the stage with the claps and then the silent when she would sit on the stool.

That silence that let her hear her heart bit and the shaky breath, then two now big hands would hover the piano ready to let him express what she was feeling through sounds; silent, the anxiety of not doing it right, the fear to improvise something with some kind of jazz move.

She would close her eyes from all the emotions. It was like flying with your eyes closed, you can't know what will happen to you but you still enjoy it. Her hands doing a graceful dance over the keys.

The drops of sweat from her forehead, the trembling legs and the feeling of being out of breath.

It was her thing. 

She never thought of ending like this, nobody did.

She stood up from the bed, her head spinning at the sudden change of position, she rested her back on the wall and then she felt normal; she got downstairs and started to search for Hyuna.

Hyuna saw her and approached her, the first thing she did was placing a hand on her forehead.

-It seems like you are ok...How are you feeling? –

-Good I think, can you dress me? I want to go to work- the maid shook her head –Rest another day- Minnie sighed and went back to her room.

She was tired anyways.

Meanwhile Miyeon was doing some shopping with her boyfriend, they loved doing it.

-Look at this shirt babe- he placed it on him too see if it would suit him –No...Too much bright- Miyeon said, he nodded.

They were walking while holding hands, Miyeon squeezed his hand tightly when a thought came in her mind when she saw the public piano of the building.

Minnie.

She hasn't seen her nor talk to her for a long time.

-Babe? You want to play the piano? – he asked –I can hold your bags...I know you want it- she looked at him –Really? - he nodded and picked the bags.

Miyeon went to the piano happily.

She started to play and slowly people were surrounding her, she kept playing until the song finished.

She stood up and people clapped, she bowed and then she saw her boyfriend smiling brightly –Well done- he said and hugged her.

They continued to walk.

-My friend is a pianist- she said and her boyfriend looked at her –Really??- she nodded.

Maybe she should visit her soon.

Yuqi pov:

I was driving to Minnie's home, Soojin told me what happened, Soyeon is in the studio so it won't bother her.

I entered the house and greeted Hyuna. I ran upstairs and opened the door.
-Min Min!- I jumped on her bed.
-Woogie- the pianist said in shock -How are you doing Min??- I approached her -Better...You?- I smiled -I'm ok-.
I hugged her tightly.
-I miss you- I muttered -I miss you too-  she said and brought her hand on my head not letting me move from the hug.

-Doesn't your hand hurt when you do that?- I said referring to the hand resting on my head -No, if I move it only-  she took the hand of and I looked at it.

She used to have beautiful hands.
I looked at her, she is smiling bitterly, I leaned in, our faces were so close.

-Woogie- she said and tried to move away, I stop her by kissing her cheek, she doesn't like my kisses but I needed to do it, it's been a while.
-Enough!- she shouted and I roll away.
I looked at her annoyed face -Scary- I whispered.

-Do you remember when the staff played the music slowed down in that concert??-
-You mean when I got pissed at everyone?- I nodded and giggled.
-Your face was priceless- I laughed.
-Of course it was! It really pissed me off-.

We talked about our performances for a while and then she looked at me.

-Where is Soyeon-
-In the studio! I can't believe her, she spends most of the time there and doesn't let me sleep! She finishes like at 4 am or so and then we need to get to her house and she doesn't even stop thinking about her writing process- I saw Minnie chuckle
-That's how you know that she won't cheat on you-
-She got jealous about Lucas!- her eyes widened -He is back?- I nodded -He bought me those snacks that I love and she got jealous- I pouted.
I heard her chuckle again, I decided to tease her.

-How is it going with your so called "friend"- I said empathising the word "friend", she glared at me.
-I haven't seen her for a while-
-She came to the office...She was worried about you- I said and her eyss softened.
-I will get back to work tomorrow maybe I'm going to see her, maybe not- I nodded.

My phone started to ring and I excused myself.
-Hello, Song Yuqi is talking- I said firmly.
-Woog- I chuckled -Soyeonnie, what is it?- I asked.
-I need you here with me, I'm writing things that suck, pretty please come here- I sighed and hummed in response, I hung up.

I entered my friend's room again -Work is calling me- I said and approached her -You can go, I will sleep- she said and yawned.
I kissed her forehead.
-Love you!-
-Love you too- she said before closing her eyes, I switched the light off.

Third person pov.

Minnie was tired, really tired.
But she really was shocked by Yuqi's words.

She was worried about her.