Random S.C x N.J story but kids again :)

Hai-

"I don't know about this North..."

"Stop being such a chicken and come on~!" North Carolina snickered, climbing up the monkey bars, not the normal way. But where he stood on top of the other bars.

South Carolina nervously followed suit. Carefully climbing his way up so he doesn't fall onto the wood chips below. "SOUTHIE!!"

Oh...

Oh no...

South Carolina panicked, yeah New Jersey was a nice kid. But he made his tummy all funny, and his face got hotter every time he smiled or touched him. Whatever this was he hated it.

The boy had managed to avoid him for a while. With the help of other southern states that is. South's footing became rather unsteady. His legs wobbled like jelly, soon making him fall.

Right into... New Jersey's arms...

Wow...

South was way taller than him and he could still pick him up. Impressive. "Brother you ok?!" North yelped, quickly hoping down to examine his brother's arms and body carefully. "I'm fine. Just a little spooked."

North nodded. His attention turning towards another. "Hey Jersey!"

"Hello." New jersey replied to him with a small smile, kinda pulling South Carolina a bit closer to him. He didn't wanna let go of the southerner just yet. He smelled really nice, compared to himself he'd be like an air freshener to a garbage can. We all know what smells better in that case.

South uncomfortably wrapped his arms around his neck. He didn't necessarily like this touching thing, but it was oddly soothing. "So... You two gonna be like that forever or? Because I'm down with whatever." North asked, awkwardly staring at the two. He was kinda angry at the thought of his slightly older brother getting in a relationship with someone. Especially before he could-

The two finally parted, still rather flustered. "Wanna play tag with us?" The northern state asked, trying to bring some conversation. "Yeah, sure! Who's playing?" South asked, kinda answering for his little brother. Something he knew North hated more than Georgia.

"Georgia, Pennsylvania, and Florida."

"WOOOOO!! LET'S GO!!"

+Time skip+

"DON'T TOUCH ME HEATHEN!!" South Carolina yelped, running around and around the playground. Florida hot on his tail. "IT'S HE-MAN!!" S.C ran up to N.C. Casually pushing him onto Florida as a means to save himself. "JERK!!" He heard his brother call faintly, well if he didn't want to get sacrificed he shouldn't have eaten his ice cream the other day. He did say he'd get his revenge-

He felt a hand grip his arm and pull him behind one of the big blue slides. He looked to his side, seeing New Jersey with a grin on his face...? "Hey-" Another hand covered his mouth, "Shhh!" New Jersey pointed at an enraged North chasing Pennsylvania and Georgia nearby the swings. South lowered his voice to a whisper. "Why are we hiding again?" 

"You've never hidden in a game of tag?" South shook his head, normally he runs around like crazy the entire time. Only stopping to take breaths or eat the snacks his mom and dad brought. "Weird. I hide like this all the time." New Jersey giggled, intertwining his fingers with Southie- South's. The taller state blushed a little, everyone knew about the two crushing on each other beside the two. Even their parents gossiped about it from time to time. 

"You hungry?" South asked. "K-Kinda yeah... Why-" South dragged New Jersey away to his parents. After a few short minutes, they arrived at the table where South Carolina's parents, Haliwa-Saponi and Chicora, "Hey mom. Can I have my sandwich please?" Chicora glanced at her husband before turning back to her son. "Of course hun~" She pulled out a small container, the lid having South's flag on it, then handing it to him. "Thank you, mom! Love you!" 

"Love you too, sweetie." 

South then dragged the smaller state to another table, the two now sitting across from each other. "Why did you bring me here?" South didn't answer, just opened his lunch container and took out half of a PB & J sandwich. He handed it to New Jersey, his face still kinda flushed. New Jersey nervously took it from him and started eating. 

"Do you umm... like the sandwich?" 

N.J nodded, a big grin on his face. He loved this attention from the other. Then again he always loved attention. He was the loudest kid at parties and always tried making new friends. Once he finished he hopped off his seat and moved next to South. 

"Thanks Southie!!" N.J pecked his cheek and walked away to play tag again. Leaving South at the table. He watched the northern state walk-off in shock. Then he smiled, hopping off his seat and running after him.

"HEY! WAIT FOR ME!!" 

I finally got some motivation lol- 

:D